||. CHAPTER 5: SA'NE .||

Začít od začátku

"Sa'ne." President Mc. Conner repeated as he looked towards Stefan. "How did you come across it, Captain Halton?"

Stefan chuckled. "It was whispering in my head. Someone was whispering in my head about it. Why? Are you afraid of it?"

Rachael turned towards her father before looking up at Arthur. He doesn't seem sane anymore to her. The way he spoke, it sent tingles down her spine and her hair began to stand up. She looked at her father who was laughing at the question, humming a melody again on his lips. The medicine he had taken, wouldn't it have a longer effect? She watched as her father stood up from his seat, his head nodding back and forth as he headed towards the book on the table, picking it up.

"You know why they are beautiful, unlike the rest of those living beings?" Stefan questioned. "Because they have a big heart. So beautiful like the moon in the skies. They sing a song to calm you down when they know you are in pain. No shouting. No screaming. Just singing."

President Mc. Conner turned to look at Arthur who shrugged. "Siren. Just like what my sister had mentioned. Space siren. Don't look at me. My sister is the only one who have studied mythological beings back then. If you want to know more, I do suggest you take up my sister's idea."

"Who do you think you are?" Jonathan barked. "We cannot simply send a team out for research. Who do you take my father for? He is in charge here not you."

"A kid?" Rachael started. "Just like you. Ignorant and selfish, ready to chase a goal you do not even know." Rachael scoffed as he turned away, looking at the President's face with a smirk.

"Enough! The both of you!" President Mc. Conner ordered as they both silence up. He took a glance at Stefan who had resumed at laughing and turned to look at both the kids. "I don't want to listen to any of your childish squabbles anymore. You!" President Mc. Conner pointed towards Rachael. "Explain the picture. If you have a different explanation from the results of my researchers, then you know what I will do."

"For a price." Rachael added.

"You do realise you are in no condition for a bargain. I could have just sent your father to the Red Rack and saved me some time, but I am giving you a chance." President Mc. Conner stated.

Rachael turned away. "No. If you want me to give you answers, I need something in exchange too. You are not the only one who needed answers here. I do too. So, if you want a fair play, Mr. President... I suggest you do a trade."

Jonathan glared at Arthur who shrugged at the sight of it. Clearly, the son is mad just like his father since he did not know who to blame. Arthur might have been the longest Halton sibling in the Research Department, but that doesn't mean he would know everything. His black eyes glanced towards the President who finally gave up since he is desperate for an answer.

"Alright, a trade it is. What is a siren?" President Mc. Conner questioned, pointing towards the book.

"Wrong question, President. You let the trader do the talking first," Rachael said in confidence only to have Jonathan stepping out to protect his father who waved his hands in the air.

"What is Sa'ne? You seem to be ignoring it. I want an explanation about it first."

President Mc. Conner squinted his eyebrows at the question. He refused to answer, but out of desperation, he decided to only give hints to the young girl who even have the guts to challenge him. Crossing his arms at the back, he turned around to look out at the window. Sa'ne; a hidden room in Roaming 95 where all the insane living things were buried in the room. It is located right below the first floor, making it the first underground space on Mars. Providing hints for both the Halton siblings, the President was shifting uncomfortably in his movement. He had kept the news hidden away from most of the people on Mars, now only to be revealed to a twenty-year-old teenager who holds the answer to the misery of the death of his best researchers.