RED

KYUNG LEE NEVER revealed his hands.  Ten, pale, slim fingers hidden from the world of friends, family, and his soulmate.  The black band curled along his pinkie marking the territory of his soulmates first touch that yet awaited.  A touch marked in black, yearning for a sea of colors.

But the tides would never reach shore.

"—Kye."

Kyung flinched at the nickname drawn from the tongue of a friend, his stare that had been absently tranced on the hidden skin now replaced to the stare of two wide, emerald eyes.

"You're still wearing the gloves."

Kyung self continuously glanced at his gloved hands, and brought them to his lap.  Embarresed.  "And?" Kyung murmured in a quiet breath, attempting to keep himself neutral as Lydia narrowed her stare in not confusion, but frustration. 

"You're turning eighteen," said Lydia, the corners of her lips painted red tugging downward.  "Do you want your soulmates marking to be black forever?"  Lydia huffed a breath of aggravation when Kyung pried himself free of her piercing stare.  With a sharp tongue, she asked, "How will you ever know who your soulmate is if you keep wearing those damn gloves?"

Kyung bit his tongue, keeping himself from speaking the name that lingered in his mind day in, day out.  The name of his soulmate.  The name of his future.

Lucas Wheeler.

He didn't need the meeting of their skin, he didn't need the colors tainting their skin, to know Lucas Wheeler was his.

He had known Lucas Wheeler was his since the stare of curled, cat-like eyes of blue, were drowned with the stare of a pure, auburn brown eyes.

But Lucas Wheeler would never know that he was his.

He couldn't.

If only faith had agreed.