❦ 0.10 ❦

ꜰᴇʙʀᴜᴀʀʏ 14

Valentine's Day has arrived.

Veronica has been dropping hints about the holiday, but Heather seems to dismiss them. They've only had one full conversation about it so far.

"So, Valentine's Day is next week."

"And..? Veronica, Valentine's Day is the absolute worst holiday."

"I wouldn't expect to hear that coming from you. Don't tell me you hate it because I know you always get the most Valentines."

"That may be so, but that was back in elementary school. That's what Valentine's Day is, elementary school bullshit. It's the most cheesy, cliche day ever. It's a holiday engineered to make money. And no, I'm not saying that because I'm envious of others. Hell, I could have anyone at Westerburg if I wanted. Anyway, if I really like someone, a stupid holiday shouldn't be the reason I buy them flowers and candy and show my appreciation for them."

In spite of Heather's irrational hatred for the holiday, Veronica came up with a gift for the blonde.

It's a simple gift: chocolate strawberries, a dozen roses, and, in place of the old mixtape she's since scrapped, a cassette tape with only "Makeout Point" by the Frights on it. It's a special tape, Veronica ordered a red one just to put the song on.

Along with it is a card, of course, containing a small note written by Veronica on the inside. The brunette didn't want to go all out with Heather's gift, seeming the queen already expressed her blatant distaste for Valentine's Day.

Now, Veronica is preparing to head to Heather's house. It was quite clear she couldn't give the blonde her gift at school. Just as she collects Heather's gifts and shuts her bedroom light off, Veronica hears a faint knock at the door, and her mother calls out shortly after.

"Veronica! You have a friend waiting down here!"

Veronica pauses for a moment, knowing exactly who it is. What would she be doing here?

"Coming!" The freckled faced teen calls back.

She quickly turns her light back on and places the gift on her bed, then heads down the stairs. At the bottom stands Heather Chandler, a faint smile playing at her lips.

"Hi," Veronica greets the taller girl.

"Hello. Your mother seems nice, she asked me if I'd like to stay for dinner," Heather replies.

"Really? I'm surprised, usually I have to be the one to ask," The short girl muses, leading the taller up the stairs and to her room.

"So, what brings you here? Usually it's me going to your place," Veronica says, watching as Heather closes the door behind them.

"I figured I should come see you, no?" Heather smiles, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I'm glad you did," Veronica sheepishly returns the smile, "Coincidentally, I was just about to head to your house. I uh- I have something for you."

The blue clad teen grabs the gift from her bed and holds it out to the queen bee, "I know you said that you hated Valentine's Day and everything, but I couldn't help myself."