❦ 0.2 ❦

ɪɴᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Ꮙeronica doesn't know how to feel.

Scared? Yes. Nervous? You know it. But she also feels a bit excited. Is she even suppose to feel excited?

The brunette runs over what had happened in the bathroom, ignoring her science teacher babble about God knows what.

She had outright referred to Heather Chandler as her friend. Right in front of Duke and McNamara, too.

Veronica hopes she didn't make Chandler angry by doing that. She knows Duke isn't too fond of her, and she's sure Mac isn't, either. After all, Veronica had denied Mac's invitation on the cheer squad just a few weeks ago.

Veronica knows people would kill to be in her position. She could name at least five off the top of her head. But she can't help but feel anxious.

All she can hope is that lunch goes smoothly, and that she doesn't make an idiot of herself.

❥ ❥ ❥

Chandler has been anticipating this moment.

It's finally time for lunch. She packs her makeup neatly into her red makeup bag, then quickly fixes her hair.

"Alright, hurry up and get your shit together," The red clad girl says to her friends.

"What's the rush, Heather?" Duke asks, fixing her hair into a messy bun, leaving two pieces hanging down in the front.

"We have to be there on time, Heather," Chandler replies, an edge in her voice.

"Why'd you even invite Sawyer anyways. She's so lame," Duke grumbles.

Chandler narrows her eyes at Duke, and that's all it takes to shut her up. The blonde then smiles, but it's not a sincere one.

"Now let's get going. We can't waste any more time."

Chandler heads out the door, Duke at her heels. McNamara follows close behind.

The trio take their formation in the hall, Chandler in the front, of course. Duke is to her left and Mac is to her right.

It doesn't take long for the girls to reach the cafeteria. Students move out of their way as they walk in. Chandler scans the area, confidence plastered on her face.

She sits down, Duke and McNamara sitting across from her.

"Where's your little friend, Chan?" Duke teases, causing Mac to snicker.

"Right over there. Sawyer! Over here!" Chandler calls to the brunette.

Veronica looks over in the Heathers' direction, a nervous look on her face. She walks over to the table, and she can't help but feel like everyone is watching her.

The tanned girl takes a seat next to Chandler, who had gestured for her to do so.

"Hey," Chandler greets her.

"Hi," Veronica says awkwardly, glancing over at Duke and McNamara.

"So, Veronica. About that note-" Chandler begins, but is cut off by Duke.