The Determined

Councillor Fate is far from kind. Since escaping from the Pits, Ubel's missed the level where Chastity is, fallen to Earth, broken his scythe, again, and been found by a human. Again.

Thomas offers a cup of iced tea to the Devil in his living room. "I have a list."

Ubel takes the drink with quiet thanks. "It still doesn't make sense - everything on both sides is run on the spiritual energy of the Universe. What would be the point of harvesting humans?"

Thomas shrugs his shoulders, sitting down on the couch opposite to Ubel. "I don't really care, to be honest." He glances up to his left, an assortment of pictures of a teenage girl sitting above a fireplace, fingers tightening around his cup. He turns back to Ubel, eyes wet, lips set in thin lines. "I just need to know what happened to my little girl."

Ubel shifts in his seat, small sympathetic smile on his face. He's not supposed to be capable of it, but the wrong parts of him died on the day of his birth. 

"The other victims deserve justice, too." Thomas says, putting down his cup and picking up a stack of pages to his left. "Even the ones with dead family." He flips a page. "Like Rebecca." Puts picture of a girl on the coffee table; nineteen, bright eyes, MISSING. "Or Ruth." Another girl, twenty-two, grinning, MISSING. "Or," Thomas pauses, putting the picture on the table first.

The cup slips out of Ubel's hands ("Hello."). 

"Kade."