The Varsity Game

"You know, I don't usually go to these type of things." Payte said while grabbing my hand. "Why not?" I was confused I always went to my schools varsity games. "It's just not my type of thing I'm not really into sports. I only went today because I wanted to take you some place different besides my house and I knew you wouldn't wanna go to the movies on a nice day like this." He replied rubbing circles into the crest of my hand. I started thinking about the people Payte went to school with. Thoughts began to swirl in my head.

'What if they don't like me?'

'What if his friends are really mean?'

'What if I'm not cool enough to be here'

'What if I'm not pretty enough for this?'

All these what if's were making my stomach turn and me feel sick. I squirmed uncomfortably in the seat. Payte looked over at me with worried eyes. "Whats wrong?" I didn't wanna tell him what was really wrong. I swallowed hard shook my head and looked away. "Don't be nervous." He whispered and gripped my hand tighter. I put my head on his shoulder and sighed closing my eyes.

When I reopened my eyes we were approaching the school. "You two have fun now." T'Mara said with a smile. We got out of the car and walked to the booth to pay. "I got it." He said as I stuck my hand in my pocket to pay. I smiled at the ground and kicked a rock around. When we entered Payte's friends quickly found us.

"Payte up here."

"SAM CMON."

"IS THAT HER."

The stares I got were cruel and horrible. Climbing up the stairs a blonde tried to trip me. I ignored it and kept climbing. When we go to the top I get greeted by his friends. They were actually really nice, unlike the others I've seen on my way up. When we sat down the game began and I had no clue what was going on. My face must have said it all. "I don't get it either, neither does she or her." A girl said sitting by me pointing a her and the two girls with her. "I'm Tiffany this is Hailey and Ana." The girls waved. "I'm Tori." I said trying to force a smile. I still felt uneasy. "I'm with the blonde boy." Ana said point to the boy 2 down from Payte. It was Pierson. Thank god I knew at least one other person. "And I'm with the one with the dark hair." Hailey said gestured toward him. I had no clue who he was. "Last but not least I'm with number 7 on the field." Tiffany said with eyes on the game. Throughout the game the girls and I talked.

Later on I started to get thirsty. "I'm going to go get something to drink does anyone want anything?" I looked at the girls. They boys were to busy being boys. "I'll come with!" Tiffany said standing up really quick. As we stood in line I turned back to look at where we were sitting. There was a girl talking to Payte. It was the one who tried to trip me on the way up. As I watched her motions it was evident she was flirting.

"For Pete's sake." I said turning back around. "Something wrong?" Tiff asked. I nudged my head toward our seating spot. She turned and look. "Ew don't worry about her trust me." Her voice went into a whisper. "She tries for all of them." We both started laughing and walked back with our drinks.

When we got back the girl was still there. When Payte saw I was back he moved the girl away from him. "Uh Sorry about that." He said rubbing his forehead. I was still mad about it but didn't show it. "It's okay." Since there was room now I scooted closer to him. "Tori come with to get something to eat?" Tiff asked me. "Sureeeeee." I said getting up.