5.

"If she's human, then how does she do that? Maybe she's a witch... no, she doesn't have a broomstick. Maybe she's half-human or something? But if she's one hundred percent human-"

"What are you up to?" A voice asked from behind me, making me throw my book up into the air. The girl successfully catched it as I put a hand on my heart.

"Oh, you're writing about Sabrina? How am I not surprised that you are captivated by my bestfriend?" The brunette girl made a fake offended face. "And here I thought that you would be different, but- wait... maybe you are." Rowan spoke, a finger on her chin as she looked at my journal and smirked.

"Give it back." I held my hand out and she smirked, but did hand me my journal.

"You're trying to figure out how she can turn people to stone? Correct?" She raised an eyebrow and I nodded.

"A little word of advice." She pulled me close to her and whispered in my ear, "The only reason that you're not a statue isn't because you're new, despite what anyone might have told you. So, for you, it's only because there's something about you that makes her hesitant. My advice, stay a mystery to her, because if you don't there's no use of you to her." She pulled away.

"Page thirteen in your journal might help you." She winked before walking away. The library doors closed moments after as I stayed at the table that I was seated at.

Page thirteen?

I flipped to the page in my journal and discovered that she had wrote something there. There was an address and a time on the white paper, scribbled in ink.

Party at her house tonight?

Why would she want me to come to the party? My mind was telling me not to go, but there was something that was pushing me to go to see what was there. More importantly, why she wanted me to go.

So, here I am.

Dressed in a crop top and jeans with high heels.

Standing next to drunk teenagers that I recognized from school.

The party wasn't as loud as Sabrina's and there wasn't as many people there, but it was a big, stereotypical party with alcohol everywhere.

I was leaning against the wall, observing the people dancing with a cup of water in my hand. I decided not to drink alcohol this time so if someone was to turn to stone again, then I would know it really happened.

I must say though, that I was considering leaving, because there was no sight of the girl that I was here for. I was about to leave when I caught a glimpse of blonde hair from across the room. The figure was shorter than the people around them, about Sabrina's height really.

"Hey, beautiful. Wanna d-dance with me?" A male voice asked from behind me and I turned around, facing the person who could barely stand up straight .

"No thanks." I said, but he grabbed onto my hand and started tugging me onto the dance floor.

"J-just one. I'll make sure that you have fun." He smirked. I pushed myself away, replying, "I'll pass." I said and successfully got away from him and went to the kitchen. There were bottles of juice, water, and soda in the kitchen and I picked up a water bottle when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.

"So happy that you decided to stop by." Rowan's voice said from behind me and I turned to her.

"How could I not?"

"Your curiosity is strong, I can tell. You even managed to stay sober just so you can remember tonight, right?"

"Let's go." She beckoned me to follow her, but I hesitated.

"Do you want to know more about Sabrina or not?" She asked and I thought for a moment. This could be my only chance to find out how she can turn people to stone... but wouldn't I be at risk? No, she doesn't go for the new students so it's fine.

"Fine." I followed her upstairs to what I assumed was her bedroom. She opened the door to reveal only Sabrina. I walked inside and the door quickly shut behind me. I turned around to find that Rowan wasn't with me. I turned the knob and as I expected, it was locked.

Wait, Rowan also said that me being new wasn't stopping her! How did I forget that part? I'm such a dumb-

"Hey. It's the girl you wanted to know more about." I heard a giggle and turned around to find the woman who both scares, yet intrigues, me.

"No red lipstick." She shook her head. "There was no reason to."

"This is the most normal I've ever seen you look." She looked more approachable this night with her blonde wavy hair cascading down her shoulders and very little makeup on. A crop top that stopped above her belly button showed off her toned abs and my eyes looked at her jeans and boots that completed the outfit.

"Well, if me looking normal makes you look at me like that, I'll have to be like this more often." She remarked and my eyes quickly looked away.

"So, you want to know more about me? Fine. But in return, you'll have to do something for me." She said, taking a seat on the bed.

"What?" I questioned.

She smirked and took a sip of what I can only assume as alcohol. "You'll find out. So, what's your first question?" She asked, her eyes flashing into a hypnotic green before returning to her usual blue.