Prologue

Prologue.

Denola

"Amanda was a special part of my life, I didn't expect to lose her so soon.  She was my wife and the mother of my daughter. Death decided to play a cruel joke on me by taking her away from me so soon.  Let's all take a moment of silence in respect of my wife, a woman who was loved and respected by all"

He was a liar, he was deceiving these people with this cool and collected facade.

The remains in the casket were all that was left of his late wife's body. The funeral was indeed for his wife, the mother of his child but while he was acting all strong and composed, he wanted to scream out to the world. He wanted to rage in anger,  he wanted to wallow in tears and sorrow.

He wanted to rage at the world for being so unfair to him. Death had snatched his precious wife away from him and his little daughter.  He couldn't fathom why the good things of life didn't last forever.

He remembered telling her multiple times that they would grow old together, have lots of children and grandchildren. Now those words were meaningless, he'd lost the most meaningful person in his life.  The only person who really mattered.

She was dead......
And he was responsible for her death.