•Three•

Richie Tozier sat on the floor of his room, with his head in his knees, hot tears swelled up in his eyes and dropped down onto his face. He had a purple bruise on his cheek and a scar the top of his eyebrow.

He sniffed, wiping his eyes as he heard his phone ring. It's been a few days since he hung out with the losers, he assumed it was Eddie, again. Richie knew he had to pick up or else he'd just worry Eddie.

He hit the answer button and heard Eddie's voice, worried and a bit angry.

"Richie! Are you okay?!" Eddie asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Richie answered.

"Where've you been?" Eddie asked.

"I've been just busy recently..." Richie replied, staring at the ground.

"Oh...well do you wanna meet up with me and the others?" Eddie asked.

Richie bit his lip and hesitated.

"I can't." He finally said.

"Oh, okay...maybe some other time then?"

"Yeah okay."

"See ya at school on Monday then..bye." Eddie hung up and Richie put his head back in his knees, sighing.

When will this end? He thought to himself, sniffing.

• • •

Monday's were always hell for everyone. Going back to school after such a short weekend, it truly does suck. But for Eddie that particular Monday, he bolted out of his house and practically ran to school, he just wanted to see his best friend, Richie.

He met up with Bill and Ben at their lockers, he un-patiently drummed his fingers on the locker next to Ben's.

"Are you sure he isn't here yet?" Eddie asked. Both of the losers shook their heads.

"If your so worried about him, why don't you call him?" Ben suggested.

"I tried this morning, but he didn't pick up." Eddie replied frowning. Ben shrugged.

As they talked, Eddie saw Richie walk into the school, skateboard under his arm, and backpack slung over his shoulder. He made eye contact with Eddie, then quickly broke it and walked to his locker.

"It's Richie!" Eddie exclaimed. The boys turned their heads to look over at Richie, who was stuffing his backpack into his locker.

All three boys walked over to Richie, a look of worry and concern on their faces when they saw the purple bruise on Richie's cheek.

"What happened to your cheek?" Eddie asked. Richie didn't answer, instead he slammed his locker shut.

"So, w-what's going o-on?" Bill asked.

"Nothing." Richie replied.

The four of them stood in the halls like that for a while, in silent, until the bell rang.