The Confession

After defeating Gigantitan once again, Ladybug left with the baby's pacifier. Cat Noir, with the baby, went to get it. He followed Ladybug, only to find Marinette. "You're here after Ladybug transformed back," Cat Noir said, "Could you be..."

      Marinette had to think fast. "Uh, No!" Marinette cried, "It's because I'm in love with you!" She ran to hug him.

      Cat's heart beat faster, but he couldn't tell why. "M-Marinette... I-" He got interrupted by Marinette's father. He got invited to breakfast the next day, Sunday. Marinette regretted saying she loved him, because it wasn't the whole truth. She only loved him as a friend. Cat Noir ran to return the baby to his mother. "I thought she follows us because she's a fan of Ladybug and me, like Alya. But it turns out, she's in love with me," he said to the baby, "That's the first time a girl has said she loves me." A soft smile grew across his face. She's amazing. Back at Marinette's house, she complained to Tikki about how badly she messed up. After she accepted what the real problem was, she fell asleep.

      Cat Noir returned the baby to his mother, and went back to Marinette's house. "M-Marinette? Are you up here?" he called quietly. A soft groan came from inside. "Oh. She's... asleep? That was fast." He detransformed.

      Plagg looked at Adrien. "Why are you even up here?" he asked.

      Adrien sat on a chair and simply said, "I'm not sure. I thought I loved Ladybug, and I still do, but now... I'm not sure, I guess. Is it because Marinette said she loves me? Do I love her? I don't know." Plagg shook his head. Suddenly, they heard a voice coming from inside.

      "Kitty? Is that... you?" It was Marinette. Adrien hid, hoping not to be seen. He soon realized she was sleep talking.

      The relief of not being caught was quickly replaced with panic. "'Kitty?' She never calls me that! N-not even when I'm Cat Noir! Sh-she- wha? I'm so confused." He went on like this for a while. "Okay, I need to calm down. It was just a dream. Hers, about me, and- ugh. I need to stop."

      Plagg rolled his eyes and says, "Okay. Finally, you're calm. What just happened?!"

      Adrien rubbed his neck and said, "I-I'm not sure. I just... n-need to figure this out. L-like, why didn't she tell me sooner? She's amazing, and I thought she trusted me... She's just so perfect, and-" Adrien blushed, realizing what he just said, while Plagg's jaw hung open. "Is this how I'm going to act tomorrow?" Adrien asked himself, "And how will I face her at school on Monday?"

      Plagg face palmed and said, "You'd better give me cheese when we get home. Anyway, how would you act around her right now? Not as a superhero?"

      Adrien thought for a minute and replied, "W-well... She's not even awake, but I'm acting crazy. I would stammer, say things by accident, freeze up, and be all clumsy..."

      Plagg felt like a tutor while he said, "And who else at school does that?"

      Adrien said, "Well, Nino did when he liked her... And... Marinette does now! Around me and... Luka."

      Plagg said, "Ugh, kid, look. She likes you okay? Isn't that what you wanted?"

      Adrien got up and walked in a small circle. "Y-yes... Huh. I actually feel... better. Thanks, Plagg." He gave Plagg some cheese to eat and sat back down.

      Adrien looked up at the stars and yawned. "Hmm... I guess I panicked so much, I didn't realize how tired I was. How long have we been here?" He checked the time. It's 11:30 at night. He blinked, not knowing what to do. Adrien sat back in the chair and thought about how amazing tomorrow would be. He would be with Marinette. He wanted to be at his best when he went to see her, so soon, he decided to transform and go home.

      As soon as he got there, he sat on the bed. "Claws in."

      Plagg appeared and said, "What's wrong, kid?"

      Adrien stood up and said, "Just tired, and wondering how to control myself tomorrow."

     Plagg shifted uncomfortably. "Well, I don't know about you, but I'm going to eat something and go to bed," Plagg said.

     Adrien stood up and agreed to do the same, minus the cheese part. After he got ready for bed, Adrien sat on his bed, wondering how he would act tomorrow, which was actually very soon. He lay back and closed his eyes. "I gotta... I have to," he mumbled. He rolled on his side and relaxed. He finally fell asleep, and soon he started dreaming.

"I need her..."

Miraculous Tales: Just A Friend?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें