CHAPTER 1: AN EVENTFUL NIGHT

"As usual perfect!" Mr. Zhang, the chairman said. "I've told you earlier too you are the most deserving employee for the project's manager position and I think this time you'll definitely be the one."

"Thank you so much, Sir." Yue smiled confidently and went back to her cabin.

She sat on her chair with a big cheerful smile on her face.

"I knew they'll choose me. How can they ignore the work I have been doing since last three years? Finally my dream of being the project manager will come true. And who knows, maybe after few years, I'll be the chairman of this branch." She laughed. "Mom, Dad would be so happy when they'll hear the news."

"Why are you talking to yourself?" Jia's voice interrupted her thoughts as she entered into her cabin and stood near her chair.

"I just came back from the chairman's office and he told me I'll be the new project manager for sure!"

"Wow! So it's confirmed now!" Jia said with excitement.

"Kind of. No official announcement yet but I'm 100% sure, I'll get that position."

"I'm so happy for you. I've been watching you for the last three years, you've worked so hard for this and now you're getting exactly what you deserve. I'm so proud of you!" She hugged Yue, and she hugged her back.

****************
"Not again! Wait till I get my hands on you!" Dylan muttered when XiZe didn't answer his call for the third time.

He stepped out of the airport and saw him standing near the car talking on the phone.

"As expected." Dylan walked towards him and stood in front of him with a fake smile.

XiZe gulped when he saw him.

"I'll talk to you later." He immediately disconnected the call.

"Bro! You are finally back! You have no idea how much I missed you." He hugged Dylan.

"I know! That's why instead of finding me you were flirting on the phone." Dylan replied as he broke the hug.

"It was important, trust me. Anyway, I came for you,right? I didn't forget. Come on, let's go." XiZe put his luggage in the trunk and Dylan sat inside the car.

"So how does it feel coming back to your country after six years?" XiZe asked as he drove.

"Super awesome. I missed everything about it except for some people."

"Of course! Who can know better than me? But I still wonder why do you want to work here, you could do that in London as well?"

"That'd have been so easy. I need my freedom and independence back. That's why I didn't tell anyone at home that I'm here to apply for a job."

"Woah! So your family thinks you're on a vacation?"

"Yup! I didn't want to jinx things."

"Great. I hope everything goes according to your plan." XiZe said as he stopped the car in front of Dylan's building. "You must be jet lagged. Go inside and rest. I'll see you in the evening after work."

"Cool."

******************

"Done! " Yue sighed as she turned off her laptop after completing her work. "I can't wait to go home and sleep. It was such a tiring day."

*Ring Ring*

"What's up Jia?" Yue answered the call as she was collecting her things.

"Are you done?"