CHAPTER 2: GAME IS ON

Yue turned and saw Dylan standing in front of her. Both of them were shocked to see each other. Neither one of them was expecting to see each other after that morning.

"YOU!!" They both shouted.

Dylan stared at her with furious eyes and she glared at him with her eyes emitting fire.

"You both know each other?" It amazed Mr. Zhang but  he was happy.

"No! Not at all!!" They both replied in unison still staring at each other.

"Then why are you acting like this?" He was confused.

"Leave it Sir." Yue replied as she turned and looked at Mr. Zhang again. "So you were saying?"

"I know it is surprising but Dylan is the new contender for the project manager position." Mr. Zhang said. "I know it's not fair to you but I cannot do anything. It's an order."

"What??" Her jaw dropped. "So you are telling me the position for which I've been working for the last three years has a new contender? And that person is him?" She turned to look at Dylan again who was standing there with a smirk. "A brat who hasn't even basic etiquettes."

"Etiquettes? Do you even know the definition?" Dylan said and looked at Mr. Zhang. "Thank you Sir, for considering me for this position! I'll try my best."

"Best? For what?" Yue interrupted. "With all due respect Sir, I cannot accept this. This position is mine. You even promised me that. How can you go back on your words?"

"I know Miss Shen, but it's not in my hands anymore. I tried my best to convince the top authorities but they wanted someone with desired educational qualifications for this position, and Dylan has that." Mr. Zhang was upset too, after all Yue was his favourite employee.

"But what about the hard work? The experience? What can a degree do when you even don't know how the work is done?"

"I'm sorry to interrupt but you are wrong here. When we study, they teach us everything, and it includes training as well. I've worked as an intern in a leading interior design company in London for 8 months." Dylan argued. "I may not be as experienced as you but I've got everything that is required for this job."

"Listen! Don't act smart with me. I..."

"Both of you please stop!" Mr. Zhang shouted. "Dylan is the new contender, you've to accept that Miss Shen and Dylan you're only a contender, you've not been appointed at the position yet. So both of you please behave." He looked at both of them and could see the anger raging inside them.

"I don't want to be unfair to any of you. So it's better if you yourself decide who should be given this opportunity. There's always another chance for the other one."

"I'm more suitable for the manager's position." Both of them spoke in unison and they both shot glares at each other after hearing each other.

"He's a beginner, it's better if he works as an intern first to learn." Yue said.

"I'm from London, I've got better understanding of the global market, my ideas are definitely better than those working here. If I get that position, our company will soon became a known name in the global market." Dylan stated his point.

Mr. Zhang knew no one of them will accept defeat. So he went with his PLAN B.

"I don't think we can reach on an unanimous decision, not now at least, so you both will have to go with my other idea." Mr. Zhang said as he looked at their confused faces. "For me you both are deserving. Right now, you are thinking about yourselves only but I want someone who will think of this company. So I'm giving both of you two months, starting from today, to work together at Vice manager's position. Work with each other, know each other, and after two months tell me who do you think is more deserving for this position."