Chapter 14

The first thing which I did once I got the phone was to suss out the tweet. I knew it would be Julie's. I tweeted the 1Dians on my own volition so that Julie could get to see it. And now, she must be the happiest person ever on earth. In view of the fact that I ain't a die-hard fan of the 1 D thing, but since I have the permit cards for the show, there's no harm in walking in along with her.

"@lindyougurl .. Hope to see you soon there ;) xPxD !" - Shockingly The 1 D tweeted. I jumped out of my skin and was patently not expecting them to tweet. I wanted it to be Julie's. How could they specifically reply to my tweet, among their triillion fans ? 

Ain't I happy. Its been like weeks since we've retired from the high-school and look we're out of touch. Julie doesn't miss me or what ? Or is she in a milieu, where she's unable to text or call. I don't know. Our deep-rooted friendship meant so much to me. Its was just during the valediction night when I and she signed the 'Bff'z' thing on our school poster. And she draws a blank in just two weeks ? Not possible. My brain slapped me hard thrice.

I've walked the shore off and was verging near the cottage when something struck. I didn't extend my thanks to the young man who retrived my phone. I thought, I must get back to him.

Hang on! Why should I ? Hadn't he rammed me on the other day, hadn't I fallen down, and hadn't I lost my phone on the sand. So it's okay if I don't express my gratitude to that bugger.

I reached home and directed my gaze toward the wall clock which displayed half past twelve.

Jeez ! I was never this late home. I dragged my feet with tautness and glimpsed on graddy little by little reluctantly.

Noah's eyes still fixed on TV. Graddy, limping toward me, wiping her glasses. For a moment, I felt she was marching on the warpath. I thought she would drag me over the coals. She was getting closer and I was growing paler.

She looked at me, folding her arms. "Did you eat anything ?" 

That's it ?  Really ? That's it she were to ask me ? God, someone pinch me hard.  

"Yeah, a pack of french fries.." I told. Noah looked at me lowering his glass down.

"What are you peering at ?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulder and left to his room.

"French fries ? Just a pack of it ? Will that be suffice ? "  She enquired.

"Umm yeah" I told. Graddy about-faced, "You can went you way to the room, I shall turn off the lights."  she dabbed my cheek and smiling slightly.

 "Graddy, I was home late as I, I mean..." Before I could conclude my utterence..

 "That's okay my girl. You look more worn-out. So now, go, kip down."

Wow God! She's one of those amazing person who's just overflowing with the milk of kindness..

I was approaching my room, when something swatted. There's no harm, noo foul to check on the piano, stairing up. Despite of sleeping in the store last night with the piano, I nevertheless wanted to doze off to bed without kissing it.

_______________________________________________________________