"Oh, I really am sorry to hear that," I answered, disappointed. I really had hoped he would be able to help me out. "Well, I'll best be off. Better to have an early start."

"Aye. Sorry about that Ettan. I really do want to help you. I just can't though or I'd be risking me own life."

"Well, I wouldn't want that. Good day to you." I said as I trotted off. "It was nice to see you, Oliver. I hope we'll meet again!"

"Goodbye, my friend!" he yelled back.

Those were the last words he ever said to me.

I later learned that he was sent into the forest by the queen to do a very important mission and was never heard from again.

I got back on the road and journeyed day and night, through rain and wind. I had to get there as fast as I could. I never stopped to rest. There were little inns by the road but all I did was switch my horse and I was back on the trail 30 minutes later.

I was able to make the trip in only 2 days.

I saw the great, vast walls of Camelot long before I got there. I had heard legends about this castle and now I'm learning that it's all true.

The walls were towering 150 feet high, made with black stone and granite. It's magnificent flag high above the Earth on the highest tower, it's a moat, deep and scary-looking. It's huge drawbridge made out of the finest oak. And above all, the lights. Oh, the lights! There must have been 10000! Everywhere there was light. It was so bright and joyful!

I came upon the shore overlooking the misty moat, my huge horse, Carver, snorting.

I called up to the guard tower.

"You up there! Lower your drawbridge that I may come up in the castle!"

"What say you're name?" answered the larger one of the guards.

"My name is Ettan Cannore. I have come on behalf of my mother, Ramada." I answered. "Lower the drawbridge!"

"Well, sir, I'm *hiccup* goin to have to *hiccup* tell you to *hiccup* leave." answered the smaller one. "You ain't *hiccup* on this list. *hiccup*"

I didn't like that answer.

"I command you to lower the drawbridge right now or I will have the wrath of death be passed upon you." I threatened.

The soldiers laughed, mockingly. "He *hiccup* thinks that *hiccup* he can beat *hiccup* us," the smaller one laughed. "Though it *hiccup* would be fun *hiccup* to beat you *hiccup* but not *hiccup* today! Maybe later. How *hiccup* about in *hiccup* the arena?"

"You'd be surprised," I said, under my breath. I could only do one thing.

I took my bow off my shoulder and notched an arrow. The last time I did this was over 19 years ago when I had to put down my dog. I swore that I would never use a bow to harm a living thing again. Now I had to use it, to save my mother.

I pushed the thought aside and took aim. I was going to hit the smaller one while he laughed.

I let go and the arrow flew. Right before the arrow hit the guard in the stomach, a look of horror was painted onto his face. I shot the other guard in the stomach and yelled up to them.

"Now do as I say and I will give you medical attention. Don't and I swear, you will die."

"Y-yes, sir. W-whatever y-you says, sir." the larger guard said through gritted teeth.

As the drawbridge came down, I heard the small emergency call guards make.

Wide-eyed and cautious, I drew my sword ready for action.