39) .Missing Sight and The Destroyer.

(Edited)

.Vincent and the Doctor.

Vincent Van Gogh was the most accomplished painter of his time. Though no one knew it yet, he would become one of the most famous compared to Picasso or Da Vinci. He was not treated kindly in his lifetime, but he had four friends that helped him find who he really was. His life ended early due to unfortunate circumstances, but he was given a gift to show him the things of the world. This gift helped him save the life of his friends who traveled around the universe, but this man would never forget who gave him the gift, his good friend and savior, the Destroyer, changer of worlds.

*~~~~~*~~~~~*

~Catherine Wood~

The chapel was much more beautiful than I thought it could be. Vincent's painting did it no justice. When the light hit it perfectly, rays of sunshine reflected off the windows, shining patterns in the trees and bushes. The world was quiet around us, hardly any birds or bugs flying around other than bumblebees popping around to pollinate the flowers. It was truly the perfect place. It was such a shame a monster would come to ruin the moment. However, for now it was silent.

Vincent set up his easel on the grass, setting his chair next to it and placing a blank canvas where it should be. I placed his paints next to him and he got right to working, examining the church and looking for where to start.

"And you'll be sure to tell me if you see any, you know, monsters?" the Doctor asked the man. 

Vincent nodded, giving him a side glance. "Yes. While I may be mad, I'm not stupid."

"No. Quite. And, to be honest, I'm not sure about mad either. It seems to me depression is a very complex-" 

Vincent turned fully to him and put a finger to his lips. The Doctor stopped talking immediately.

"I'm working," Vincent told him before continuing on. 

The Doctor laughed and took a step back. "Well, yes. Paint. Do painting! I remember watching Michelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel. Wow! What a whinger. I kept saying to him, look, if you're scared of heights, you shouldn't have taken the job then." 

I walked over to the Doctor and put a hand on his shoulder to quiet him again. I had no idea that the Doctor didn't know how to be quiet. It was almost funny to me.

"Doctor," I chastised. "Why don't you and I take a walk, okay?" 

"But-" 

I gave him a look that shut him up and grabbed his hand, pulling him with me off into the forest, hoping that my sense of direction was good enough that we wouldn't get lost. I hoped I wouldn't have to depend on the Doctor for that.

"Why are you so agitated all of a sudden?" I asked him. 

My hand was still in his as we looped around the trees surrounding the church. I tried to ignore the buzz in my fingers as we walked, looking at my feet as they passed over roots and leaves in my path, trying not to trip.

"Time passes too slowly. Too ... in order." 

I laughed at his words. Had he really been traveling in time that long? That was right. He had been away from Gallifrey for almost nine hundred years. That thought surprised me. How long had it been since this man had a real family, since he was settled down, since there was no monsters under the bed for him to worry about? Had he ever been married? Had children? He had mentioned that he knew about children more than anyone else, but was there a time when he had been a father? I wanted to ask him, but I felt as though that would be too much information to ask for.