Chapter 3

Pietro invited you into Wanda's bed and slid under the covers. You smiled as you walk over and lay beside him.

For the next 8 hours, you slept and cuddled. Then, Wanda entered the room, waking both of you.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you," Wanda says shyly.

"It's fine, what do you need?" You ask as you sit up and stretch.

"I came to grab a cover but-," "Oh, your up," Steve cuts Wanda off.

You quickly stand from the bed, afraid of any assumptions.

"How are we feeling?" Steve asks as he comes and stands near you.

"Better, I can stand now," you say as you shake your legs. Wanda sits by Pietro who still wasn't completely awake yet.

"Good, Stark will be here soon," Steve says as he pats your shoulder. Suddenly, Vision goes intangible and walks through the wall.

"Vis.." Wanda says with a sigh.

"Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr.Stark was arriving," Vision says as he points towards the door.

He wore regular human clothes, which was rather strange.

"Thank you. We'll be right down," Steve says as he picks up a pile of clothes for you.

"I'll... use the door. Oh, and apparently, he's brought a guest," Vision finishes.

"We know who it is?" You ask as you take the pile of clothing.

"The Secretary of State," Vision says and casually walks out.

You gulp as you run into the bathroom and change (pic above). When you come out you adjust your hair a bit and stand in front of Steve, ready to go...
Time Skip-

You sat in the seat next to Steve, because you would lead the team if something would happen to him.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my backswing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass... I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives... but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some... who would prefer the word "vigilantes"," Secretary Ross said.

Nat was the first to speak.

"And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" She asked as she shifted in her seat.

"How about "dangerous"? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" He pauses as he grabs a clicker.

"New York," He says first as he clicks the small piece of technology.

It showed the chitauri leviathans, the attack on New York, terrified citizens, and the Hulk destroying everything.

You were about 15 in that fight, which wasn't really 'safe'. Rhodey glanced at Nat, regrettably.

"Washington DC," Ross adds. The camera shows the three planes in the air, shooting at each other with debris falling into the water and the wave engulfing more citizens.

You looked down as everyone looked at you and Steve.

"Sokovia," Ross says and shows the city of Sokovia, flying. Wanda stared at the screen, along with Tony.

"Lagos," he finishes.

The most recent problem with Rumlow, Lagos. Wanda tears up a bit.

"That's enough," you say loud and clear. He nods and turns off the screen of the tv.

"For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution," Ross says as he pushes a thick document to Steve and yourself.

You glance at it and slide it to Wanda, who passes it and so forth.

"The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries... it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary," Secretary says as you get the book back.

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that," Steve
replies to Ross's comment.

"Tell me, Captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?" Ross says as he leans into the glass table. Steve looks at him then down at the document.

"Thor is in Asgard," you mumble, just so Secretary and Steve could hear. Steve shook his head slightly, telling you to back off.

"If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes... you can bet there'd be consequences. Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground," Ross says as he taps the documents front page.

"So, there are contingencies," Rhodey says as he glances at Secretary.

"Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords," Ross adds. Steve glances at Tony, shocked.

"Talk it over," Ross says as he packs up his stuff.

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Nat asks as she glances at you.

Ross paused, "Then you retire."

He leaves after his last sentence. You all just sat there for a moment, unsure of what to say.

"Well isn't this just fantastic," you say angrily as you stand from your seat and storm out.
<<<•••>>>
908 word count. Sorry it's short, until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜