Chapter Four: Amelia Livingston

Dedicated this to the person who gave me my first vote.(: Thank you very much!

Amelia Livingston;

I wasn't trying to listen to their conversation. At first. I woke up when Hayden asked Chance about what the guy said. Chance hesitated for a really long time. When he finally spoke, I tried not to gasp in surprise.

"Well. We, meaning you and me, were sent to die, because the govenment has been watching us, and they didn't want to reclassify us, so they're killing us instead. And Amelia.... She has to finish this mission, because she's the next heir..." How on earth would Chance know I'm the next heir? I hadn't told anybody; not even my family.

"So, technecally, we're on a death mission to find her lost emerald. How nice of her to help kill us off," Hayden said with sarcasm dripping in his voice. I had to bite my tongue to say quiet.

"It's not her fault! She couldn't have known, or she would've at least told me that much," Chance argued.

"Whatever, pretty boy, I wish I could trust her as much as you do. But she never gave me that option," He said slyly. I wanted to punch him. He was trying to break us up, I could tell. And I hoped Chance could, too. Hayden was the one who couldn't be trusted; not me. And when I 'woke up' I'd tear him to shreads.

"You do remember who cheated on who, right? If anybody on this mission couldn't be trusted I'm pretty sure it's you by a long shot. So how about you keep your eyes on the road and keep on driving. I think that would be wonderful," I wanted to smile, but I surpressed it. I felt his arm tighten around me, protectively. I was glad he was there with me, but I was scared for him, too. I'd have to think of a way to save them both, even though I wasn't excited about saving Hayden, I'd still do it.

The boys sat in silence so I figured I might as well have 'woken up'. I faked a yawn at first, but it quickly turned real. I stretched and snuggled close to Chance's chest. Hayden looked in the rearview for a second, our gazes meeting. I peeled my eyes away, quickly and decided to make conversation.

"So, what did I miss?" I asked innocently. I yawned again, not being about to hold it back.

"Not a thing," I almost believed Hayden's smooth lie. His silky voice said it so easily. No wonder he always got away with everything. He could lie better than anybody. "We sat in silence most of the time. Only talking maybe once."

Chance didn't say anything, and I knew why. His poker face was the worst I'd ever seen. I read him like a book. He could never hide anything from me. That was probably one of the key things that made me want him after my disaster breakup with Hayden, though I'd never admit that aloud to anyone.

"What did you guys talk about?" I whispered to Chance. I wanted him to tell me face to face, not while he thought I was sleeping.

"You," He whispered back, and he wasn't lying. I was so confused. I only heard him say something about me being heir. Had they talked about me another time and I just didn't know it?

"Why me?" I asked curiously.

"Hayden's jealous," I could barely hear his words. "And part of the time, I think he was trying to break us up. But of course, it won't happen."

He kissed my forehead. I wanted him to tell me about maybe be reclassified, but being sent here instead. At the same time, though, I didn't want to hear the heart wrenching news again. Most of all, I needed to tell him on my own about me being heir if I completed this. I only found out yesterday. so it wasn't like I was keeping this huge secret forever. I looked up to Chance and his eyes met mine.

"I have to tell you something," I said to him and Hayden, my eyes not letting Chance's go. "Yesterday, I had a meeting with the government's Agency of Royalty. They told me I'd go on a mission within the next week. If I made it back alive, and with what I needed, I'd become the next queen. They didn't say anything aobut what would happen if the people I went with came back. Which is weird, since we'll all live, and I think they should reward the people who asisted the 'going to be queen'. Don't you think?"

The two starred at me, even though Hayden probably should've been paying attention to ahead of us. Then, they made eye contact with each other. Hayden nodded and Chance sighed deeply. He obviously didn't want to break the news to me about this mission.

He took another breath, but he didn't get to tell me about it. A giant the size of a skyscraper stood in front of the car. Hayden slammed the breaks, and we skittered off the road. Not only was the thing huge, it seemed to have two heads as well. It was the oddest sight I'd ever seen. I was honestly freaked out, and I could tell the boys were, too, no matter how freaked out they might have been.

"Wha-What is that thing?" Chance stumbled.

"I don't know, but we need to get out of here," Hayden, sad to say, was right on that one. "Now."

"Well, duh, now drive, please!" I screached, sitting straight up. If we wanted to get out of there, he needed to drive. Fast would be great, as well.

Hayden stepped on the accelerator hard. We sped off, but it didn't help, the giant just picked up our car. I climbed to the front seat, and opened the glove box. Chance always kept guns and knives in there. And a sword, which is what I was going for at the moment.

"What are you doing? Sit down, and buckle up," Hayden commanded, like he actually cared about me. I glared at him, and kept moving.

I reached the glove box and ripped it open. I crabbed the sword and rolled down the window. The giant was still pulling up the car to his face level. I was completely freaking out on the inside, but I tried my best to look composed and confident.

"No, Amelia," Chance's voice rang in my ears, but I wasn't listening anymore. "You can't, I'll do it instead. You have to finish this mission. I don't I was sent to die. Don't do this."

I couldn't let him. I ignored him the best I could. Once the giant brought the car fully to his face, er, faces, I jumped straight out of the car. I crashed into him. I jabbed him in the eye, not knowing what else to do. He looked a bit fazed, and while he did, I stabbed the other eye on the same face. The head I was on started to vanish like a ghost's, so I did what I had to; jumped onto the other head.

I had no idea what I was doing, but what I did the last time seemed to work well enough. Thankfully, the giant didn't just drop the car, he set it down almost gentally. That was the good part. The bad part was; the giant was empty handed, and trying to grab at me.

I stabbed it's right eye, but before I could get to the other, a huge hand wrapped around me, squeazing tightly. I struggled, but every millimeter I moved, I cried out in pain as I was being crushed in the giant's large hand.

At least be quick, please, I silently thought, scared to death. Down below me, I heard the boys getting out of the car. A gun fired.

I was falling. The giant was under me, so at least I'd fall on top of it, but I'd still be in pain. I landed roughly, and didn't ever want to move again. But I had to. I used my last bit of strength and energy to stab down on the last eye. Big mistake.

The head, along with the rest of the body, started to disappear like the first head did. I started falling to the ground. I let a scream come out of my throat. I fell a couple of feet. I was struggling, grabbing at the air for support, but came up empty handed.

As soon as I landed, the boys rushed to me, and darkness over took me as I blacked out.

Sorry, this chapter is a little short, and it took a while to post. Hope you enjoy.(: