♥︎Two of Hearts♥︎

Dedicated to LiviaMichelle for being such a supportive reader to all my stories <3

You might've noticed how I'm going through the deck of cards for these dates instead of the old way of which Humans use. The dates and months and years and so on. This way is so much more easier. We have the deck (year) divided into four parts (sort of like months or seasons) then each thirty hours is worth one card. It's been thirty hours since my last entry so this one is two of hearts, as you've noticed. It's easier for my to understand anyway.

Yes, this a journal, Mr Pondavis said to keep record of the magic you have discovered and done as we go up to Weave. I turned mine into a journal. Wicklewoe is seriously in need of sleep. Her head keeps lolling about at breakfast. Just so you know this isn't exactly a boarding school, we go home on the weekends. It's sort of strange at first, but you get used to it. Anyway, Wicklewoe was up half the night scared stiff because she saw a low grade in her candle. She hates getting bad grades. But she didn't stay up late working on her homework and making it better, she just sat staring at a wall for hours. Eyes open with terror. I don't mention what I saw. It's irrelevant now.

Shocks sits down next to me, I said I won't tell you why he's called Shocks, but I will. His specialty is electricity. It's a very rare specialty and takes a lot of practice. His hair is bright white with blue sparks occasionally jumping out at you. It's very dangerous, but it's a cool effect. Mr Pondavis is walking around the tables handing out an arrangement of notes from teachers. Teachers are only allowed to communicate to students outside class this way or telling them off, it's just some weird rule. Pondavis doesn't come up to me, so I'm safe. No extra homework, no errands to run. Phew. Shocks stirs his porridge with his plastic spoon (he wasn't allowed to touch metal) and poured so much sugar on top all of china could've eaten it.

"Hi Luna, whys Wick so tired?" Wick was our nickname for Wicklewoe, she didn't seem to mind it so we kept using it from when we were Skeins.

"Up half the night worried about some vision she saw when looking into that absurd flame yesterday." Shocks rolled his eyes and took a huge mouthful of porridge. I didn't feel that hungry, and I was fed up with porridge. It's all we got for breakfast, dry sludgy porridge with the choice of honey or sugar on top. Tis explains why Shocks puts so much sugar on, to hide the flavour of the disgusting porridge.

Today was a Wednesday, so we were all hanging on tight fork the weekend to come round. We were always like this. When Shocks had finished his breakfast, I had nibbled at mine and Wick played with hers we stood up and headed to the second best place on earth: The Library. (The first being the museum of Myths and Legends) We jumped the stairs three at a time to come to the low archway which lead into the library. We had the best library on earth. Every book you can imagine was on these shelves. Every book, every story, everything that ever was and will be on these shelves in front of you.

I run my fingers through my long black disappointing hair. Not because it feels gross and doesn't look that nice, people have commented on it saying how shiny and pretty it looks, but because of my worst nightmare: tradition. My great-great-great-great-great grandmother (I'm not sure I put enough greats, but whatever) was the one and only Repunzel. Yep, the girl with the long BLONDE hair. I don't have blonde hair. Blonde hair ran in the family for centuries, then I came along. My mother frowned, yep frowned. Everyone hated my hair. I have black hair which turns slightly, ever so slightly, dark blue at the tips. Shocks sat in the corner of fables from early century Rome and Legends of Greece. Each considerably boring and no use for us. Except maybe if we needed to do a report or something on them for fable histories. Which was possibly the worst, WORST, (just emphasising how bad it is) subject there is. It's worse then maths, which I had to learn up until grade five, the I started fable training. I was a Skien until I was sixteen, that's six years of Skein training, and last year I graduated and became a Spool. Most Fables don't go onto Weave, some don't even go onto Spool, but I do. I want to be one of the greatest darkness Chaser of all time.

Finnie (her real name was Stephanie, but changed the Phanie to a Finnie and kept it like that.) Came trudging up to us with a pile of notes, strange, usually teachers hand out the notes.

"Hey Luna, I have a not for you from Ms Buïldvard. It sounded important." She shuffled through her notes after she had placed them on the desk next to us and handed me a yellowing piece of paper with writing written in purple ink.

I read it.

Reread it.

Then I ran out of the library faster then I had ever run before.

This was bad, real bad.