Chapter 1

Just a small disclaimer: I own nothing. Everything belongs to JK Rowling. It's written in first person as Lily. It's a short chapter because I needed to start it somehow. The next one should be around September 8th or 9th.

Platform 9 and 3/4 always seemed to be busy. Especially this year.

My last year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry would be filled with learning, magic, friends, and the things that are also less pleasant.

The Marauders. Why did they even call themselves that? Do they think that the fact they sound like a pre-teen muggle gang makes them more popular?

James Potter is a self-absorbed, arrogant toe-rag. It's simple. He jinxes random people in the hallways just for the fun of it. Rude... But he's become more bearable since the last term of 6th year. He's tall, and well built... Has muscles... Probably abs as well, you know, he does quiddich which... Wait, am I complimenting him?! Woah, Lily, I know you're tired but stop having weird, disturbing thoughts... Plus he won't stop joking around by asking me out. I mean, seriously, I know I'm not the most gorgeous, glamorous girl, but he doesn't have to remind me.

Which brings me on to Sirius Black. Equally as rude, causes as much mischief, Potter's fellow partner in crime, a ladies man.

Peter Pettigrew. Not the brightest. Pretty small. Not as talkative, and doesn't cause as much trouble.

Remus Lupin. My good friend. Despite being a fellow marauder and helping work on pranks, he's the nicest, kindest, and isn't annoying. Gets really ill on a monthly bases ever since I've know him... A prefect, personally, I think he would be the best candidate for Head Boy. Which reminds me...

The school is highly rated. Smart, and the greatest witches and wizards have come out of here. Dumbledore may as we'll be the minister of magic, he's been proposed this position before. But this year, he's lost his mind!

Me, the lousy redhead muggle-born who sucks at Transfiguration, isn't the brightest, isn't too popular, disorganised, was chosen for HEAD GIRL!!! It's amazing, a great proposition, but I know far better candidates!

Emmeline Vance, one of my best friends, a prefect, pretty, very smart, a Gryffindor, a great personality.

Rachel Bennett, my enemy. Popular, stuck-up, pretty smart, wears too much makeup (I wear it as well, but not to the point where my face is orange) so basically, my opposite. I admit, I'm a prude, but I'm proud of it.

They would both be perfect for Head Girl. People listen to them. And me? I have no power over the school.

***

I headed towards the busy train, dragging my weighty trunk, looking for the man that usually helped to load them. God, I know I packed a heap of stuff, but I swear this was lighter when I tried picking it up at home.since he was no where to be seen, I attempted loading my trunk myself. It can't be that heavy... Right?

Wrong.

My arms trembled and my knees went weak, I was about to collapse when the weight was lifted off of my arms, and I quickly straightened out my robes. "Thank you" I said, before noticing my saviour. My jaw dropped immediately. "You're welcome" answered James. And no, not James Freeman, the sixth year Hufflepuff. James Potter.

"Um, Lily, is everything okay?" He called me Lily. Not Evans. My heart fluttered. He was being nice. And he's grown over the summer. I'm tempted to slide my hand through his dark, soft hair, it- Lily, what the hell?! Don't think that! It's Potter. Mean, arrogant, the-one-who-teases-you-all-the-time-Potter!

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine, I was just - thinking. Yeah, thinking" I replied, trying not to suggest I felt different about him all of a sudden. "Thanks again, Potter. See you around, I guess" I said quickly before running off to enter the train. I checked my watch. I just waisted 10 minutes! How long was I staring at Jam- Potter?

"Evans! Wait!" He called behind me. Evans. Maybe he hasn't changed. "Yes?" I called , slowly walking back towards him. "Congratulations. On Head Girl, I mean. You deserve it more than anyone." I blushed at this comment, unaware of how he knew I was Head Girl. Then he pointed at the badge I had attached to my robes. Oh. Yeah. "Thank you, Potter, but I don't really see why I got it. I mean-" "James" he interrupted. "Call me James" I was a little shocked at his comment, but nodded. "Maybe you know who Head Boy is?" I asked. "You know, I personally think Remus would get it. You should know. You're his best friend." I carried on. "Nope, he would have told me. I have no clue." He replied. I nodded again, and started walking off again, but felt an arm pull me back to my spot.

"Listen Lily, do you, um, I mean would you like to sit with me? I mean us, with the girls..." he asked, and I saw a light blush form on his cheek. " I don't see why not James" I smiled. Then I realised what I said. Lily, what's gotten into you? It's Potter. But at least I would be with Emma and Dorcas.