'Tickets to Florida'

Start from the beginning

"No, this will be my speech. When I want everyone to throw diplomas at my head. So... Thank you." She crumpled the paper. Tosses it at him. Athena laughs at this, Jessica leans over for a high-five and Athena happily gives one.

"Ya gotta embrace the cliches, Jess."

"They have the bread and butter of all valedictorians."

Angela looks at Eric. "And that is why you are not valedictorian. And Jess doesn't need cliches. Her speech is gonna be epic."

"Epic? It'll change lives." She looks to Athena. "Right Athena?" She nods quickly, a smile on her face as Alice and Jasper abruptly appeared, carrying trays of food they won't eat.

"I decided to throw a party." Jasper continues on after Alice.

"After all, how many times we gonna graduate high school?" Edward stifles a smile.

Angela looks to them wide eyed."A party? At your place?"

Jessica looks to them in shock. "I've never seen your house."

"No one's ever seen their house." Eric states and Edward looks to Alice in disapproval. Athena looks to them confused before shrugging and continuing to colour in, her half eaten sandwich sitting next to her.

"Another party, Alice?"

"It'll be fun."

"Yeah. That's what you said last time." Bella says sarcastically, suddenly Alice freezes, her eyes glazing over. She's having a vision. Mike hasn't noticed yet.

"Well cool, that's really uh... normal of you. What time?" Nothing from Alice. "Dress code?" Still nothing. "Bring anything? Cheetos?" A beat as Alice still looks into the distance. Awkward. Bella looks at Edward, giving him a concerned look to hide her annoyance. Edward shrugs it off.

"Wake up, Alice."

"She hasn't been getting much sleep lately, senior jitters." Jasper answers them.

Angela looks down at Athena and tickles her, she lets out a loud shriek at the sudden attack before laughing loudly. Trying to move away from her moving fingers at her side.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Sheriff's Station
Evening

Bella and Edward enter. Charlie is behind the counter talking with a middle aged couple, Doug & Nancy Biers, whose faces are etched with grief and worry. Athena sits in the corner, playing with her dolls, having been dropped off earlier so the couple could have alone time.

"So – what was that at school? What did Alice see?" Bella asks, but more like states to him, wanting to know if it involved her or not.

"Nothing. Something about Jasper. It was innocuous."

"I know you know what she saw. Tell me." She demands, having enough of him avoiding the question.

"It was nothing."

"You looked worried."

"Just that everyone would notice how strange Alice is."

"I think that ship sailed long ago." Charlie looks up at Bella and Edward and subtly gestures for them to keep their distance. It could be interpreted as hostile.

"I wonder what's wrong."

"There's someone missing in Seattle, over a year ago. Charlie is doing what he can, but... Do you know something about this?" Bella asks, wondering if it involved vampires.

"We've been tracking the situation in Seattle for a while. Unexplained disappearances, killings... If the situation gets anymore conspicuous, the Volturi will step in."

"If they go to Seattle, they can come here. They can see I'm still human." Bella states, hoping to make him turn her earlier and without having to get married.

"We won't get that far. But we'll go to Seattle if we have to."

Charlie shuffles his papers around. "I'll fax these down the first thing."

"Thank you." The couple leave as Charlie picks up Athena and approaches them. Bella watches the Biers leave and rolls her eyes.

Charlie fixes Athena on his hip properly. "Hey."

"Hey."

"You're ready for dinner?"

"Yeah." Charlie nods as they walk out. Bella exits, flanked by Charlie, Athena and Edward. There's tension between the two men. Athena's eyes are half closed, tired from the day's events.

"It is still just... us three, alright?"

"No, I'm just dropping her off. See you later."

"Bye." Edward starts to leave and stops.

"Oh... Bella. My parents wanted to remind you about the... Airline ticket you got for your birthday."

Bella eyes him with suspicion but he appears clueless.

Charlie looks to them, confused. "What airline ticket?"

"A round trip ticket to see Mum in Florida."

His eyes go wide."Wow, that was generous."

"And it expires soon, they say you might wanna use it this weekend."

"Well, I can't just drop everything and go."

"It might be your last chance to see her before you graduate." She rolls her eyes discreetly.

Charlie starts to smile. "Well. It might not be a bad idea. Get out of the town for a couple of days, get some distance."

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Mum... As long as you use the companion ticket." His smile drops at this.

"Wait, just two tickets? Super, That makes me really happy. I would ask you to take Athena with you though I doubt you want her to go and I don't trust you alone with her at the moment."

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been updating, but don't worry, I have made a couple of chapters to last me a while just in a case I don't write any for ages and you guys suffer from it. Good news everyone, I'll be making a sequel for The Crazy Life, but it won't be out for a while so don't expect anything yet. Well I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to read my other books.

Disclaimer - I do not own Twilight but I do own Athena Swan so no Stealing or copying please