Kiss Me Awake (Part II)

Start from the beginning

That night, the living room seemed empty as the Weasley family gathered for an evening time together. George was sprawled on the couch not letting a second person invade his space and Ron just near his feet on the floor with Ginny beside him. Somehow, he couldn't trace the bushy haired head among their similar ones.

"Mum?" Ginny asked, and Mrs Weasley turned towards her daughter. "Where's Hermione?"

George answered instead of her, "back to Hogwarts."

"But Christmas isn't over yet." Ron looked at his brother who was, for the first time, looking serious, and that too, not a good kind of serious.

"Apparently she didn't think that way." He said and turned silent, ignoring Ron's weird looks all throughout the evening.

xxx

"Should we go back, now that the assignment is over? I mean we can't possibly brew a second potion." Harry muttered, leaning on the taller boy, his back facing Malfoy's chest. It was evening and Malfoy thought that they nothing was better than to just sit on the couch and kill time.

"Yes, but the holidays aren't over yet," Malfoy stated. His fingers threaded through the brown locks of the shorter boy, messing them up more than before. But Harry liked the touch of his gentle fingertips, and zipped his mouth.

"We might just go back, we've got nothing else to do here." Harry said.

"I won't be so sure." Malfoy smiled, letting his chin rest on top of Harry's head.

"Huh?"

"A date. We haven't been on one, yet."

Harry choked on thin air and snapped towards Malfoy looking at him, surprised. Malfoy didn't ignore the soft hue of pink creeping up Harry's cheeks and felt his cheeks heating up as well.

"You want to go on a d-date? With me? In this world?" Harry fumbled with his fingers, rummaging his head for words. Malfoy giggled—yes, he did—and with the softest touches, guided Harry's hands around his neck. Now, Harry was sitting on his lap, their bodies closer than before. Both could feel the warmth of the other curling around them, and their intoxicating scents mingled like the most natural thing in the universe. Even the most subtle touches made their heart drown in a plethora of emotions.

"Yes, yes indeed." Malfoy said gently, and gazed at the smaller boy through lowered eyes. And added "you don't want to?"

"I-no- I mean yes-but—"

"Shh." Malfoy cut through. And inched closer, so close that Harry could feel his hot breath fanning over his face. "Kiss me, if it's a yes."

Harry need not to be told twice, because he was already leaning forward for a peck. A peck, that is. But Malfoy had other plans. He threaded his long fingers through the mess Harry defined as his hair and pushed their lips together. They fit perfectly, and already familiar with the taste of the other. Malfoy kissed him with a newfound sweetness, leaning in and out of Harry's waiting lips, leaving him breathless. But then a glare from Harry got him smiling cheekily and again leaning for his lips the next second. Harry was his drug, and he couldn't just get enough of him.

Malfoy would've gotten further if not a knock on the door startled them to reality.

"Who—"

"Alohomohra!" A sharp whisper, the lock fell back to place and then the door creaked open to reveal a familiar bushy haired girl.

Harry looked dumbstruck and Malfoy on the other hand looked apalled.

"If you were going to break the door why even bother to knock? And hey what happened to your "you are not allowed to use magic outside Hogwarts"? Malfoy said emphasising the last part, letting Harry go who looked as if he'd burst any moment from the embarrassment of his best friend finding him in such a questionable position.