New School

I was surrounded by glowing red eyes, their bodies unseen due to the completely dark room, or, whatever this place is. I tried to move, but my body was completely paralyzed. As I continued to struggle a women-like figure approached and the place lit up, only to see my mother before the accident.

"Mom, mom, I wanna see the doggy!" I saw a younger version of me yell, sprinting up ahead of mom.

"Hold on honey, let me grab my purse!" She yelled, rushed after her child only to be tackled by a dog. Mom let out an ear-piercing scream, of course, causing little Sal to rush back, only to see mother getting viciously attacked, the dog mauling at her face, successfully ripping it open and causing blood to go everywhere. Sal let out a scream, causing the dog to whip its head around to see Sal.

Little Sal was frozen in place as the dog lunged for his face.

I jolted awake with a gasp, tears pouring down my face. I fumbled around searching for my phone, desperately trying to check the time.

"Gotcha'" I murmured, turning it on only to see that it was almost time to go to my first day of school.

I hauled my body off my bed and into the bathroom, splashing my face with water and looked into the mirror, only to see my ugly, scarred face. I walked out of the bathroom while drying my face, throwing the towel into the hamper, grabbing my cracked mask, and strapping it on carefully.

I opened my door, walking into the living room only to be met with the overwhelming smell of liquor. I ignored it and stepped over the emptied bottles of beer and liquor, finally making it to the door. 

 I grabbed my red Sanity's Fall bag and unlocked the door, opening it, and slamming it shut behind me, making sure it was locked

I took in a breath of air, ignoring the fact that whoever passed me started pointing and whispering.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I ran into the school and headed for what I assume is the office, careful to avoid everybody in my path, in fear of being bullied even though I knew it would happen eventually.

'I wonder how awful this school will be' I wondered, pondering this question more only to bump into somebody.

"Sorry," I mumbled, shuffling away from whoever I bumped into.

"It's alright little dude, rad mask by the way," The mystery person said, making me snap my head up in great haste.

"W-what?" I stuttered, only to see a tall boy with long, brown hair, brown eyes, a red Sanity's Fall shirt, and brown jeans.

"I said, your mask looks pretty cool, the name's Larry by the way," Larry said, offering a small smile.

"O-oh, thanks, my name's Sal, you can call me Sally or Sally Face though," I muttered, smiling slightly even though he couldn't see my face.

"Well, I'd stay here and chat, but I'm gonna be late!" Larry called, quickly running off in the same direction I was headed.

I looked to my shoes then back up, continuing to head to the office.

I finally reached the door that had a sign that said, 'Office' in bold, black, letters.

 "H-hello, my name is S-Sal Fisher," I said, walking up to the desk and sitting there waiting for my schedule. 

 "Ah, yes, Sal Fisher, here you go, have a good day sweetie," The lady said, smiling kindly and handing me my schedule.

 "Thanks," I said, walking of the room and heading into the halls, looking at the signs that read, 'Advanced Art'.

 'What hell awaits me?' I wondered, walking down the seemingly endless hallways, finally reaching the door and opening it.

Sorry that this chapter is short and late but I just wanted to try and get this out, who knows, I might not even write this out, but I'll see what I can do, see you all later!