Red❤️

His cheeks turned red as blood rose to his cheeks in anger as he watched the man cuss out the couple. He had been on his way to work when he saw two girls being berated by a man. He started to jog towards it as the argument became even more heightened. The man was a slightly white overweight man in his 50s. He kept swiping his forehead as sweat dripped down it his spit spraying as he yelled. 

    The two ladies looked frightened their hands interlocked not lovingly but as if grasping to their reality. Jake remembered that feeling. It had been a Saturday during his Junior year of high school and him and his boyfriend had been on a date at the local diner sipping milkshakes talking about something stupid. Then that waiter ruined it with his slurs. His words that scarred him. It's not like he hadn't known the reality of that before. It was in the news and in jokes that said "That's gay!" Still that was the first time it had happened to him. He'd been so scared that it would turn physical. Now all he felt was angry. 

   He grabbed the man pushing him away from them. He pulled the man close to his face and told him "Leave them alone. It is none of your business. It is not your life. It is their right to love who they want. I'm going to take you in for public disturbance and hopefully this will teach you a lesson of respect." 

    The man looked angry but he held back as Jake took out his handcuffs . He was about to drag the man to the precinct when he was stopped by one of the girls.

    "Thank you. There is not many decent people in this world. It's nice to see that there are people who care. It so scary to be attacked for who you love and someday I hope I'll be able to stand up for myself." she sighed hugging her girlfriend. As they walked away hand-in-hand.

   For some reason he was speechless. Not even the man groaning in annoyance could shake him from his thoughts. He wished someone had stood up for him. Someone had said the words he said. Someone was angry when he couldn't be. Protect him from the reality of the world. Except the only way he could protect himself was not to come out.

     It hurt especially not telling Amy. Amy was his true love. However cheesy that sounded. For god sakes she dressed as Holly Gennero on their honeymoon. It hurt so much not telling her. They knew everything about each other except this.

   Gina was the only one who knew as she had hooked him up with his first boyfriend. He had almost told Rosa when she came out he remembered the words he used.  "I'm bisexual. But I'm still me. I'm still the same person that I've always been. And who I love will never change that. And you guys raised me to be strong and confident. And I don't wanna hide who I am anymore. I am bi. And I know that this may come as a shock to you, but it's my truth. So I hope you can accept that. And I know my own heart."

    He hadn't realized it but he was already in the elevator. It was time to be the confident Jake Peralta. At least for the most part. 

Hi! So I feel like Jake is so Bi!!!!!! So I'm writing this pic on his coming out. The plan is for this to have 7 chapters and maybe a sequel. I really hope all of you like it!!! <3-Elle🥰