Meeting Caspian

I was sitting up as my eyes were wildly looking around for the source of the noise that just woke me out of my peaceful slumber, my skin was coated with cold sweat. When I looked at my left, Lucy was sitting up and looking around. Then our eyes met, she swallowed and nodded knowing what I was about to ask.

Lucy turned to Susan and whispered to her, "Susan..."

She's stirred a little while turning over on her belly, she put her head between her crossed arms.

"Susan.." I whisper.

Susan moaned and mumbled, "Yes Lucy what ever you would like."

She fell back asleep and I just looked at Lucy shrugging, I put my finger up to my mouth and let out a small shhhh.

We both grabbed our weapons, we knew this time we may have a fight on our hands depending on what we saw.

Then we slowly and carefully got up and walked over to the small hill that laid across from the campsite, we then looked back and made sure that everyone was still asleep. Once we were satisfied that no one was going to follow us, we quietly made our way from the sleeping beauty's.

"So what was yours about?" I asked when we were out of the sleeping groups ear shot.

She smiled, "Aslan, I saw him."

"You too?" I asked with some kind of hope in my voice.

She nodded vigorously, "Yea, it was great to see him again....it's been so long. What was yours about?"

"Oh....he knighted me actually." I smiled.

Lucy beamed with excitement, "tell me everything."

"There wasn't much to tell." I shrugged at her.

She grabbed my arm, "please?!!"

I sighed and rolled my eyes at this young girl's exuberance this early in the morning, I mean I didn't exactly have the precise time but I knew by the sun that it was early morning. However despite it being probably before nine o clock, I deluged into the details of my glorious dream. I told her everything and by the time I was done, Lucy's mouth was a wide as the Louisiana River.

"See I told you! Aslan does want you!!" She exclaimed while dancing around, I just laughed at this girl.

After a few minutes of talking, we decided it was best to just be quite because the noise we kept hearing stopped. I hoped we'd hear it again because I was actually lost, all of these trees looked so familiar. I hoped Lucy at least knew where we were going, I knew I couldn't tell us.

Lucy saw this and immediately took my hand, she gave me a squeeze and nodded to tell me everything was going to be ok.

"This was the path I took in my dreams." She whispered.

I smiled and felt better about this, even tho Lucy was younger then me...I trusted her. However her gaze shifted to one of the many similar looking trees, she pulled me along with her. I looked at her curious to what she was going to do, she placed two of her hands on the trunk.

"Wake up." She said sadly, there was a frown plastered on her face.

This whole walk was starting to get depressing, "Lucy I.."

*snap*

Lucy looked up at me and smiled that beautiful smile, I returned the smile and nodded for her to lead the way. Instead of letting go of my hand, she grasped it tighter and pulled me behind her.