The new bodyguard

Monday 7am
I opened my eyes, my back aching from the hard mattress on the bed. I sat up groaning, annoyed by the thought of what the day would bring.

First day on the job as a bodyguard, her bodyguard. Suddenly my phone vibrated, a text showed up on the screen.
It was from Ken, the manager. He had sent me the address and time.

When I got there, I was greeted by Ken. He welcomed me and showed me the house. Everything was so shiny. Trophies and platinum awards hung all over, and pictures of Lucyana and others were seen in frames.

Ken asked me to stay in the living room and wait till Lucyana would show up, while he would find the contracts.
Suddenly the door opened and a dirty-blond young girl came into the room. Lucyana.

She wore a white shirt, blue skinny jeans with a flannel rapped around her waist.
Her long wavy hair encircled her face perfectly.

She froze the seconds she saw me, and I suddenly knew that she remembered.
She looked at me with a surprised look, but when Ken came back, her face turned back to a superior look.

Lucyana walked across the room and sat on a stool across from me.
She and I waited patiently for Ken to start the meeting. Neither of us looking at one another.

We both had all our attention on Ken.
"So, you both know the deal. We just need your signatures here and here, " he pointed on the small lines.

We both signed the papers and agreed on the rules. It was now my job to follow this girl around and protect her at any cost.

I sighed not knowing what to do next. Suddenly Lucyana rose from her seat, and looked down at me.

"Okay mr. Hood, this is it. Welcome to the house, I am looking forward to work with you," she smiled at me, trying to lift the tension in the room.

She hold her hand out as a gesture for me to take it, as a peace offering. I stood up, taking her hand still not looking her directly in the eye.

"Thank you," I quickly said, tryin not to make things more awkward.

After that, Lucyana turned around and went back to her room, clearly annoyed by the situation.

Ken turned his attention back to me.

"Okay Hood, this is miss Snowhearts schedule for the next week. I will tune you in on every detail at the weekly meeting on Friday. Good luck."

And with that he also left, leaving me alone in the living room.