A Young Lady

[A/N: Let's get into another one-shot! This one, is going to be fluffy and sweet and probably a little funny to make up for the pain of the last one. I hope you enjoy! ~Jaded]
————————————————————
Céline's POV

It had been awhile since I was taken into another dream such as the two before, and honestly I was thankful.

After the last experience, I was so wary of what I would come face to face with in these dreams.

And although I did enjoy getting to spend time with my younger self, and René.

I had to admit it was emotionally taxing, I always woke up from these dreams exhausted.

So, when I was able to go about two months without one.

I was honestly just pleased for the chance, to finally really relax.

Tonight though, the dreamless streak came to an end, thankfully in a non-painful way.

I tucked my boys in, checked the house, and got into bed all in a relative silence.

Sleep took over in a matter of minutes, and when my eyes opened again.

I was standing in the recording studio, René looked about thirty-six.

Which, would make me twelve, that was exciting.

Twelve year old Céline was always so fun to be around, so curious and full of wonder.

This just so happened to be the one time, Maman wasn't there with us.

And I couldn't hold back the shocked giggle, at what I then knew, was coming.

"Céline, will you please focus?"

Rene's voice broke through the instrumental track, already a bit exasperated.

I hadn't felt good for the last few days, and this day was the culmination of the whole thing.

A soft pout claims the little ones face, and she apologizes quickly.

Neither of them have seen me yet, so I chose to stay quiet and wait it out.

It wasn't like me, to lose focus while recording.

We both knew that, seeing as by now we'd done a whole album and a half together.

We were working on my Christmas album, and I remembered exactly what song we were currently recording.

In fact, I remembered everything about this day.

What I was wearing, how my hair was done, the color of my socks, right down to what pair of shoes I was wearing.

Poor René would never live this day down, at least, not in my memory.

He'd been so... Flustered, it was almost adorable.

"I'm sorry, I just don't feel well."

The girl whines, and I can't help but wince just a tiny bit.

This, was going to be traumatic for both of them, but in a way, that they would learn to laugh at later.

"Alright, let's take a break."

He says simply, cutting the tracks that were playing.

She slips the headphones off, and bolts from the recording booth.

Falling into the chair beside him, at the mixing table with a small groan.

She curls up a bit, her head lolling to the side to rest on the chair.