Chapter Twenty•Five. New Orleans & The Devil's Daughter

Começar do início

🖤

Elijah and Hayley walked into a sitting room where Niklaus was looking through books that might help him get his sire link restored. There was nothing though, so he threw the book on the desk and paced angrily until he saw the two walking in together.
"Oh joy, if it isn't my annoying older brother and my one night stand turned daughter's mother. What pleasure do I have in having you both disturb my peace today?" He stopped his pacing and scrunched up his face to show he was annoyed. Elijah brushed it off.
"I'm not staying. Hayley wants to be informed on what is going on." Elijah mentioned before attempting to leave, but of course, Hayley had an opinion on that.
"Real mature, Elijah." Hayley folded her arms over her chest and rolled her eyes.
"I'm sorry, was I supposed to stay and listen to him explain what I already know? I have important things to take care of, things which do not include you believe it or not. Now if you will excuse me." He turned and exited the room before he could argue anymore.
"Yeah, whatever." She didn't look at him while he left. But she looked at Niklaus as soon as she heard Elijah walk into his room. "What is going on lately? He's been weirder than usual."
"Why? Because he's not concentrated on you anymore?" Niklaus chuckled once and then turned to walk toward the wall of books while shaking his head.
"That's not what I mean Klaus, there's something wrong." She followed him so he could listen.
"You're making it to be bigger than what it is Hayley, now why don't you head on back to the bayou and handle some business out there? We have things under control here in the Quarter." He continued to look for a book but he wasn't seeing the one he needed.
"Yeah; except that's not what I'm hearing. What is really going on?" She turned him by his shoulder, which made him clock her hand then look back at her with hooded eyes.
Niklaus stepped to Hayley, with a look that could kill. He lowered his head down to her level and widened his eyes as he parted his lips. "None of your business."
"Fine, I'll find out for myself." She rolled her eyes before turning away from him, clearly upset.

    ... Arabella looked through shop windows while Hope held her hand. She had on her own little sun hat and glasses, so no one would recognize her to be Niklaus' and Hayley's daughter. Which was still unlikely because everyone believed she was dead, Arabella too.
Arabella had gone home, showered, and changed so she wasn't spending the day in workout clothing. Her hair was down, sunglasses shielding her eyes from the sun, so she could peer at everyone without getting caught. And she looked as she always did, sensual and classy. Her outfit screamed out casual yet sophisticated, and that was exactly what she needed if she ran into Gaspar Cortez or any members of the Strix.
Hope kind of led Arabella around everywhere and she didn't mind it because she enjoyed being bossed around by the beautiful child. Kol kept his distance as he walked around with Davina, talking and laughing about certain things Arabella clearly had no interest in. But she had never seen Kol so happy, so she bit her tongue.
The costume store was twenty feet away when Arabella noticed a man who fit the description Niklaus gave her the night before in case Arabella ran into him before he did. And by the way the man swayed through tourists, obviously looking for someone, and Arabella played it cool as she lowered her glasses down the bridge of her nose and watched him until he noticed her. Which would be soon because it was sort of hard to resist Arabella. She could have looked average if not for her radiating confidence and outfit that led Gaspar right to her.
When their eyes met, Arabella smiled and then walked to the costume shop so she could find something for Hope to wear for Halloween, plus she was trying to get the man to come in there so they could be alone to speak to one another. It was dangerous, she knew that because Hope would be in some sort of danger, but it was also okay because no one knew she was Hope, and Arabella was sure the handsome vampire didn't know who she was. Otherwise, he wouldn't come into the shop trying to know.
Arabella could tell he used his vampire speed to appear behind her undetected by the gust of a cool breeze that hit the back of her neck before his warm breath grazed her right ear. She turned her head and smiled up at him, he who smelled like an exotic paradise.
"I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you." He walked around her and stood tall so she could feel dazed and aroused by his demeanor. It didn't affect her in the slightest, she; 'd been around Kol long enough to not fall for it.
"Well here you are, but I must say; the pleasure is all mine." She smirked as she extended a hand and rested it calmly in his as she used the other to remove the glasses. He lowered his head, brought her hand to his lips, and kissed it softly. When he raised his head he caught her scent but his smile never faltered. All the while he was trying to figure out who she was.
During that time, Davina had urged Kol to go and grab Hope just in case things went bad, but it would only go bad if Kol had listened to her. Gaspar was an old vampire, he would know something was up if he saw Kol Mikaelson. And no one needed that.
The fact that he knew that she wasn't human almost made him want to gag. But he still saw her as a delicious specimen, so maybe her death would be meaningful once he bled her dry. "I am Gaspar Cortez, I am sure you have heard of me."
"I can't say that I have. Arabella Bonavich." She took her hand back and glanced at him with a flirty smile...