Prologue

Hey everybody! c45kie here.

I like to welcome you to the first chapter of my version of Snow White with boyxboy action. Inspired a little by the movie, Snow White and the Huntsman. (fav.)

This is my second story published, the first one being 'Stay out of the Halls'. I hope you enjoy this, and feel free to vote, comment, follow, or feedback.

And sorry I don't have pics of the characters, but I'm sure you readers out there can use your imagination. So yeah, enjoy!

(P.S Don't worry about having to wait for any updates cause the chapters are all there. Again feel free to comment and such.)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

"Just one more push your Majesty." the young nursemaid said, clutching the poor Queen's hands.

"I c-can't." The Queen gasped, pain raking her body.

Sweat plastered her long red hair to her forehead. Her face was pale, gaunt, and her expression contorted from exertion. She was so exhausted.

"Yes you can. Just one more push." the midwife begged from between the Queen's legs, but her Queen just shook her head.

"Melinda." said a deep, husky voice. Opening her eyes, Queen Melinda saw her beloved husband come up to her.

"John." she breathed.

"You're almost done my love." he said tenderly, kneeling to her bedside. "Just give one more push and it will be over."

The Queen shook her head. "I c - "

"Yes you can." King John said firmly. "You are strong, Melinda, my love. And I know you can do this, just one push, that is all I am asking of you."

Queen Melinda shook her head tiredly.

"Melinda look at me - look at me Melinda." Queen Melinda looked at her King with tired eyes.

"Do you want to see your baby?" He asked, eyes boring into her. "Do you want to see our beautiful child, the child we have been praying to God to give to us - to bless us with."

"John . . . "

"Do you want to hold your child?" King John went on. "Do you want to hear your child laugh, and cry, and giggle, and see he or she smile and walk - do you want to hold our child in your arms? Do you Melinda?"

"Yes." Queen Melinda sobbed. "Yes, I do, so much."

King John leaned in and still staring into her eyes with his soft gray ones, he whispered, "Then push with all your might."

And with that, Queen Melinda sucked in a deep breath, clamped her mouth shut, and pushed.

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHH!

Silence. Then . . .

Waaaaiiii . . . .

Queen Melinda plopped back down on her pillow, exhaustion, and relief rippling throughout her body.

King John kissed her warm forehead.

"You did wonderful my sweet, sweet Queen." He murmured to her.

On that day, when the first snowflake fell, signaling the start of winter, Prince Stephen White of Avill was born.

And what a beautiful infant he was.

Hair red as fire, skin white as snow, and eyes black as onyx, he was truly loved by all.

But unfortunately, fate had some very rough plans for this sweet, beautiful child.

At the age of ten, his beloved mother past away, and his father fell into a deep state of depression. Then after three years, his father remarried - a gorgeous woman by the name of Harrica.

She was secretly a cruel woman at heart, who treated her stepson poorly, jealous of his beauty and status. Stephen kept this cruelty hidden from his father, who was slowly recovering from his depression.

But then at the age of fourteen, Stephen lost his father to an illness.

After that, Harrica took full charge and became Queen of Avill. She was to rule the kingdom until Stephen came of age and until then, she took full advantage of her position.

The kingdom, using the dark arts of magic, soon fell under the iron fist of their fearsome mistress and ruler. No one dared utter a word against her and stayed trapped as victims to her greed, rage, and mistreatment.

And as for Stephen, the Queen had him become a slave in his castle. Covered in rags and filth, he worked alongside the servants, sweeping, cleaning, and cooking for her royal highness.

But despite the loss of his parents and his freedom, he remained pure-hearted and kind, even though hardships threatened to make him bitter.

So instead, he waited patiently for the day he would take absolute reign of his throne - and hope that nothing happens to him before then.

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

The end of my first chapter! Not a bad start, huh?

Please comment, vote, and read on.