Chapter 6 - Needy Girlfriend

When I woke up I had a slight headache, but an unusual bounce was added to my steps as I left my shower and changed into a baggy cream sweater with black leggings and boots. I looked to my right and saw the bags I had packed yesterday, and remembered what I was planning to do, although it wasn’t really clear to me where was I going to stay. 

I shrugged and took the bags and headed downstairs quietly, without even grabbing any breakfast and was on my way to school. I had 3 bags full of anything I could grab and my school backpack. It was kind of strained but I managed to get to school without dying out of exhaustion. 

When I got there I realized that I was extremely early, but that didn’t put me back. I was still thrilled about the idea of leaving home, for an unknown span of time. I went to the back of the school, and looked for the leafiest bush there was, and put my bags behind it, so I could pick it up later. 

After that I went back to the front of the school and threw myself into the grass, bringing a book down with me, and placed it in front of me, starting to read, someone threw themselves next to me. 

I looked to my right and saw Ashley, beaming at me, and I beamed right back. An unusual feeling crept up inside me, something I recognized as a faint happiness, but I wasn’t sure if I liked the feeling still. 

“What’s up with you? You seem so... Happy” She said, but quickly corrected herself. “Not that it’s a bad thing, I mean, it’s awesome, but, you know, weird. I guess” Her cheeks reddened, making me chuckle. 

“Your laugh is cute” Ashley tells me, making me blush for a change. “Anyways, why are you so happy?” She continued. “Because I’m moving out” I told her. “Of your house?  Where are you going to live now?” She asked me, astonished. I shrugged. 

“Well, you could live with me” 

My head snapped up from my book, and I looked at her, into her eyes, trying to find a trace, a sign that she was just joking, but she kept looking at me earnestly, waiting for me to answer her. “Are you serious? You’re not joking, are you?” I asked her, still a bit dubious. 

“No, I’m serious. Well, I’d have to ask my mom, but she’ll say yes, she’s too much of a good samaritan.” She joked. “Well, I guess if I’m not too much of a bo-” I got cut off by Dallas, who sat behind me in the grass. I lifted my head to say hi, but he cut me off again by kissing me softly. 

“Hey Ashley” Dallas nodded his head at Ashley. “What are you talking about?” He continued. “About Isa staying at my house for an indefinite amount of time” Ashley beamed. “What?” Dallas looked at me questionably. “Is there something you haven’t told me?” He asked again. 

“I moved out of my house” I told him, a bit embarrassed that they were doing so much of a fuss over me. “Anyways, Ashley, are you sure I’m not going to be a bother in your house?” I referred to her, trying to finish what I was saying before Dallas came. 

Talking about Dallas, he was softly tracing his nose against the outline of my face, tickling me and halting my breath to a stop. I noticed Ashley was talking, but my ears couldn’t seem to pick up the sound waves, as if my mind officially stopped working for the moment.

He went closer and closer to my neck, making my breath go out in fast puffs. “-But, of course you’re not going to be a bother, It’s all going to be- Okay Dallas can you freaking stop that! I don’t want to be a third wheel” Ashley said, making me laugh and lean away from Dallas and all his glory. 

“Anyways, as I was saying, Isa, of course you can stay at my house” She finished her sentence. “And for me, that would be better, of course, because we get to live next to each other, neighbor”  Dallas said afterwards, smirking at me. “Hey, Isa, where are your bags?” Ashley asked. “I have them in a bush in the back of the school.” “Oh, Okay”.