Chapter 6

As they drove through the gates of the blockade, they saw empty Imperial airship on the side of the dirt path. Sice expected it, naturally, but Niflheim's definite presence seemed to put everyone on edge. It was strange however: the Empire had the perfect opportunity to attack Noctis, to ambush him and stop him from ruining their plans. But there wasn't a single hostile soldier--or soldier in general--in sight, even though Ardyn had alerted the Empire to their presence. 

"You know, I've met a lot of weirdos in my time, but I hope we never meet that one again." 

"Come on, Gladio, don't you think you're being a little harsh?" Sice was slightly taken aback by his comment before remembering that it was Prompto she was dealing with. He was naive and optimistic, of course he would try to see the best in Ardyn. 

"I'm with Gladio on this one, Prompto. There's something....off about him." Yeah, Sice, there was something off about him: he's the Chancellor of Niflheim. "I can't pinpoint it, but I really don't think we can trust him."

"I mean, the guy really knew his stuff about nursery rhymes!"

"Nothing creepy about that at all." Prompto huffed, slightly annoyed that his argument in favor of Ardyn was ended so quickly. Before he could say anything more, though, the path ended. All that was in front of them were stone ruins, with a small pathway through the wall on the right side. 

"Guess we'll have to continue this way, then." Everyone nodded or hummed in agreement, following Noct through the pathway. 

"This place...how old is it?" Sice questioned to nobody in particular, jogging behind Noctis. 

"These ruins were more than likely here before the Meteor fell. That's my guess, at least." Sice nodded towards Ignis, still in amazement at the ruins littering the stone path. She could see the Meteor ahead of them, grey and glowing before their eyes. It was the object at the end of the path, however, that truly drew her interest.

"What is that down there?" The group came to a halt as she asked her question, peering down at the end of the pathway. 

"Wait...is that what I think it is?" 

"Who would've thought there would be a royal tomb down here?" Another tomb. But why was it there, of all places?

"Let's just get it and go." Noctis grumbled, continuing to jog towards the tomb, the others following in tow. Sice had never actually seen him attain the power of his ancestors: she never felt comfortable enough to enter or get near any of the tombs when Noct would go in. But now, it seemed that she didn't have a choice. This tomb was out in the open, and she finally had a chance to sate her curiosity. As they neared the tomb, Sice could feel the heat of the Meteor on her face and exposed skin. Between the heat of the Meteor and the discomfort she felt by being near the tomb, she opted to stand back with Prompto and Ignis, watching Noctis and Gladio go to the tomb on their own. She watched as Noctis held his hand out, and sat amazed as the weapon began to glow a brilliant blue. It practically transformed into light as it seperated from the tomb, the sword floating in the air above Noctis. In one swift movement, the blade pointed itself at the prince and thrust itself into his chest. Suddenly, the royal arms Noctis had obtained so far manifested for the briefest of moments before disappearing in a burst of light once again. Sice was rendered absolutely speechless. 

"It's pretty cool, huh?" Sice was brought back to Eos by Prompto's voice, a sound she had come to enjoy.

"Oh, um, y-yeah. I had no idea it was like that! I mean--I've seen him switch weapons in combat, but to see him actually obtain a royal arm? It's insane!" Prompto was positive that he had never seen Sice act like that. Normally, she kept her thoughts and feelings in check, but now? She had a childlike look in her eyes, her mouth opened slightly. He chuckled at her reaction, finding it rather endearing.