13

It was as if fate wanted them together. Seven hours before Carson's concert at the staples Centre. Brooke's best friend had asked her to go with her to the show, since she was visiting from Michigan. Brooke didn't want too, especially not after finding out who'd she been texting for the past eight months.

"Brooke, please, you have to!" Kendall insisted as she rummaged through her closet to try and find something for Brooke to wear.

"Kenny, I really don't want to," Brooke whined, dropping her phone on her bed after seeing that Carson was done texting her for the night, because of rehearsals, she assumed. She tried not to let her expression give away how upset that made her, even though she knew he wasn't ignoring her.

"Please?" She begged, with puppy dog eyes and everything.

Brooke could not resist the puppy dog eyes from anyone, especially from her best friend who had been getting her to do things she didn't want to do since they were babies

"Fine." She groaned

Kendall squealed, jumping up and down excitedly.

Brooke was feeling a bit nervous about all of this. Kendall said the seats were kind of close to the stage, but Brooke didn't know how close. What if Carson saw her? She didn't know what she'd do or how she'd explain this to her best friend.

....

The concert rolled around and before the girls knew it, they were entering the venue and heading to their seats ; second row. It was crazy. There was no way Carson would see Brooke.

As people filled the seats and got settled, the lights began to dim and the first song blared out of the speakers. Carson rushed out, making dance moves and asking everyone to be as loud as possible.

It wasn't until 'Make You Laugh' when Carson seated on the edge of the stage with his legs hanging down. That was when Carson locked eyes with Brooke. He stopped singing, his mouth agape and his eyes wide in shock. He quickly ran off backstage, making Brooke feel terrible

Great, she thought, I've scared him off

When Carson returned, he was all smiles, but didn't make eye contact with Brooke at all, was he upset with her? Did she do something wrong?

She should have declined Kendall's offer and resisted the puppy dog eyes.

The show ended, as they were leaving, Brooke and Kendall were pulled aside by a security guard.

"Are we in some kind of trouble?" Kendall asked nervously.

"No, not all." The guard reassured we with a light smile. "But Carson wanted me to bring you backstage to meet him."

"Me?! Kendall squealed in excitement and Brooke's face fell; it wasn't for Kendall, it was for her

"No.." the guard said slowly, gesturing to Brooke. "Her."

"Her?" Kendall asked at the same that Brooke said "Me?"

"Yes, now if you don't mind, I'd like you two to come with me," he stated, leading the way to a set of double doors hidden behind the front row. The guard pushed them open, and right there, in front of Brooke's very eyes stood Carson.

Brooke wasted no time, it was as if it was a impulse, as she ran straight into Carson's open arms. He picked her up as she was weightless, burying his face into the crook of her neck. He spun her around and wrapped her legs around him.

"Brooke, is that really you?" He whispered in her ear, still not letting her go. She nodded against his shoulder, tears welling up in her eyes. Neither of them could belt what was happening. It felt like a dream. They had been texting for so long and for them to finally be meeting.... it just didn't see real at all.

"Brooke?" Kendall questioned, her eyebrows raised suspiciously.

"What's going on, Brooke? How do you know them?"

"It's Carson Lueders," Brooke scoffed, smiling as Carson put her arm down. "Who doesn't?"

"You know what I mean," Kendall glared, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I,uh, I've been texting Carson for a bit?" Brooke said, her tone making it seem like a question, rather than a statement. She didn't wan Kendall to be mad at her.

"What? I'm honestly very lost right now," Kendall admitted with a sigh, dropping her arms back down to her sides

"Well, let me explain it to you." Hayden started. Popping out of the corner and his eyes filled with mischief.

"Hayden!" Both Carson and Brooke yelled at the same time to stop the boy. Hayden frowned, his eyes casted down.

"Ken, it's really not a big deal," Brooke said, shrugging.

"It started out as a misunderstanding and now we're... and now we're here."

"A misunderstanding, Brooke, If this was a misunderstanding, then it would have stopped," Kendall responded.

"I didn't want it to stop," Brooke ran a hand through her hair. She glanced at Carson

"I don't think I ever want it to stop."

He gave her a small smile, but faded quickly when Kendall spoke again

"I just never pictured you as that kind of girl," Kendall's eyes were filled with anger, which confused Carson

"What kind?" Brooke questioned, her head tilted in confusion

"The kind to sleep around with celebrities." She printed to be in deep thought for a second, her finger on her chin, before her face lit up "a groupie"

"I am not a groupie." Brooke shook her head, her tone firm

"That's what you look like." Kendall resorted.

Hayden and Carson looked angry, their eyes set on Kendall, but their stance was meant to protect Brooke.

"You know what you look like?" Brooke shot back "You look like someone who is jealous that her best friend has been texting somebody who's well known."

Kendall's jaw dropped and she stood there for a moment, trying to think of something more to say, but coming up short. Carson had came closer to Brooke, trying to comfort her from the girl who looked distraught.

"Ex best friend," Kendall started as she turned on her heel and walked away, her heels clicking down the corridor.