• prologue•

⋅⋆☀︎⋆⋅
PROLOGUE
the banshee's origins
⋅⋆☀︎⋆⋅

⋅⋆☀︎⋆⋅PROLOGUEthe banshee's origins⋅⋆☀︎⋆⋅

⋅⋆☀︎⋆⋅

Azalea Kae Varela is a banshee. She does not look like a scary long haired woman in a vintage white dress. She doesn't look like a psychopath that dug her way out of her grave. The strawberry blonde is simply flawless. From her fair skin to her hazel eyes to her silky hair. Flaws are impossible for a woman of her caliber. There is no doubt that the girl has caught the eyes of many; both men and women alike.

Her family's deep Greek heritage is no doubt the origin of her beauty, her curse also being of Greek origin.

The Varela's are a prominent wizarding family in Greece. But, they were especially important in 456 B.C., where at the time they were practically worshiped like gods. Their wealth put them at the top of the food chain and their looks were beyond compare. The family was known for their porcelain skin and their locks of red hair. Everyone wanted to know them, befriend them, and most importantly be them. But, what they didn't know is what kind of curse the family had been bestowed upon them.

It all started with Thalia Makris, a beautiful woman in the village of Vradeto. She had every man fighting for her hand in marriage. But, no one loved her more the the shaman, Alexandros. Alexandros showered the woman with love, and she did the same, until a man by the name of Iasonas Varela came to the village with his brothers and sisters. Thalia immediately caught the eye of Iasonas, and he caught her eye as well. They fell for each other fast and deeply, but Thalia still loved Alexandros. So, Iasonas, a jealous man, did what every man did at the time, he challenged Alexandros for Thalia's hand in marriage. Iasonas came out as the victor in the duel, and Alexandros was left heartbroken.

Thalia went on to marry Iasonas, and they had two beautiful children. Their children were a pair of twins by the names of Adronicus and Calliope Varela. The twins, like their father, both had distinguishable red hair and beautiful emerald eyes. Everyone in the village seemed adored the two, except for their mother's ex-lover.

Alexandros enraged and heartbroken by Thalia created a curse to give to the woman's daughter, Calliope. This curse caused the girl to see and sense impending death, not only that but she would let out a scream to warn others that death has come to their village; this curse created the first banshee in the Varela family.

When Iasonas found out that Alexandros had put a curse on his daughter he became just as enraged as Alexandros was, and the father sentenced the shaman to death. The family, scared of what the world would think of their daughter if rumors of her curse got out, kept the girl hidden and with the girl the secret of the curse.