Chapter 2: Blackout

Marinette went into the bakery and saw her mother. "Hi, mom."

"Hi, sweetie. Alya came by to drop off your bag. You really need to be less forgetful. You're also tired all the time. You need to start doing some exercises. For your voice and your body."

"Great idea, mom. I'll start doing that, right after I do my homework. I love you." Marinette grabbed her school bag and kissed her mother on the cheek. She started walking upstairs as her mom shouted her reply.

"I love you, too! Supper will be ready in a little while!"

"Okay!"

Marinette made it to the living level and then made her way up to her room. She sat down in her desk chair and laid back. She let out a sigh of relief.

"Finally, I can sit down and relax. With homework though. What is this week's theme?" Marinette thought aloud as she opened her bag and pulled out the components of it. She pulled out the stack of sheet music that she assumed was from Madam B and noticed a sticky note on top of it. "'Call me ASAP. I know who the real Ladybug is'? What? How?"

Marinette took out her phone and clicked on Alya's contact. It barely rung when her phone ended the call. Marinette looked at the top left corner of her phone. "Shoot. No signal."

She made her way up to her balcony, holding her phone up to the sky. She then tried aiming it toward her signal tower.

"Sorry, miss. The whole neighborhood is down." Marinette looked down and saw a man working on the tower. "No signal for another hour."

"Shoot. Might as well get done with my homework, I guess." Marinette made her way back down and slid up to her desk in her chair. She started reading the top of the sheet music to learn her assignment for the week. The more she read, the more nervous she got. Another performance she would have to do. Why was she in this school again?

🐱🐞🐱

Alya stood by the front door of the school. Nino was beside her. They acted like they were talking as Chloe's ride pulled up. Sabrina opened the car door and Chloe stepped out.

"Hey everyone! Remember! Halloween is in a few months! You look so pretty today! No! Not you!" Chloe slammed her purse into Sabrina so she could hold it. They made their way into the school.

"Are you sure about your theory? I mean, didn't you see how she treated Sabrina?" Nino asked Alya, who was watching Chloe go into the locker room.

"I'm telling you, she's Ladybug! Now, c'mon!" Alya grabbed Nino by the shirt and dragged him inside.

In the locker room, Chloe was putting and taking stuff in and out of her locker. Alya and Nino were hiding behind a different set of lockers. Alya grabbed the sides of Nino's face and pulled it closer to hers. "Now, don't forget what you need to say. Now go!" She then swung him to Chloe with the grip she had on his face.

Nino stopped himself with his hand on the locker next to Chloe's. Chloe looked at Nino with an eyebrow raised. "What do you want?"

Nino started to panic as Alya slammed her palm on her forehead with a groan.

"Look! Ladybug!" Nino pointed to a random place away from Alya.

"Where? I don't see her." Chloe folder her arms.

"Speaking of Ladybug, isn't she amazing? I wonder who she really is." Nino leaned in a little closer to Chloe.

Chloe use her hand to push his face away. "Obviously someone didn't get the beauty sleep they desperately needed."