Meeting Family

I have yet to meet Bart's mom and dad. I'm also to meet his younger sister Maggie who is only 15. I've met his first sister Lisa a few times now. Bart's former roommate and childhood best friend Milhouse is Lisa's fiancée. They invited us round for dinner one night - Lisa is a vegan and cooked up the most beautiful vegan Indian curry I've ever tasted with vegan chocolate mousse for dessert. It was a wonderful evening and Lisa and I have agreed to meet for coffee sometime, apparently Lisa knows a really good bohemian coffee shop. She is a really really nice girl - not the feminine bitchy type at all. We got on really really well.

Tonight I'm going to meet Homer and Marge for the first time. I want to put on a best first impression even though Bart says they're very down to earth. I decide to wear my emerald tea dress dress, put my hairs into loose 1940s style pin curls, I wear mostly natural looking makeup apart from my lips that like my nails are painted a dark almost brown shade of red and my signature pearl earrings. Now that's its June I don't need to wear a coat (hurrah) and I wait patiently for Bart to pick me up. When he arrives he steps out the front seat of his car dressed in brown corduroy trousers, black loafers and an elbow length plain but pleasant white shirt with black buttons. His hair is combed down in the middle but he still looks really handsome. Bart offers his hand, opens the passenger door of the car and allows me to get in.

As my house is very out of town, the journey takes a while but that's okay. We turn up outside the house on evergreen terrace and Bart rings the bell.

A teenage girl with long curly Superwoman blue hair, emo make-up, a dark blue tube dress, fishnets and bright red Mary Janes that match her alice ban;?answers the door.

"You must be Molly, I 'm Maggie. Come on in"

We walk inside the hallway of Bart's childhood house. A very elderly looking greyhound comes up to me.

"Santa's Little Helper meet Molly" Bart introduces the dog to me.

"Hi Santa's Little Helper" I give his soft withering fur a stroke.

He licks my hand which really tickles. Bart tells me that Santa 's little helper is 18 years old which is ancient for a dog! Considering they rescued him when he was nearly 4, the dog has had a long life.

"What you want to drink? " a black skinned teenager with jet black cornrows, a light blue and white stripped shirt, light blue jeans and plain brown shoes asks me.

"Well tell the guys what's in house then" a cuddly looking bald man with a beard in a white shirt , grey chinos and burkenstocks prompts the boy.

"Alright stop bossing me about big shot!" the boy talks back to the man who I assume is Bart's father.

"Dwayne I want a word with you" Homer escorts the boy to the kitchen.

Maggie who looks a little embarrassed (which I'm not surprised about) says "sorry about my boyfriend Dwayne. He gets a bit funny sometimes, he does with me nearly all the time. What would you like to drink, we have wine, beer, a couple of spirits, cola, orange juice, H2O?"

Bart and I laugh at the last little comment. Bart goes for a buzz cola as he will be driving me home tonight while I go for a Duff.

"Dwayne is Maggie's boyfriend. They've been going out 6 months now" Bart rolls his eyes as we have a moment to ourselves in his living room.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Dad and I think it's been too long and that Dwayne doesn't deserve someone as wonderful as Maggie"

"Oh well one day hopefully things will turn out for the best"

The teddy bear like bald man comes into the living room.