2x07 Part 2✔️

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice

- Roar, Katy Perry

*****

The plan Clarke had explained to the group echoes in their heads, replaying over and over again until it's imprinted into their minds that that's what needs to be done.

In all honesty, it's a stupid plan that reminds Ash of a man desperately trying to find a needle in a haystack in twenty minutes.

Because that's what they are; desperate.

But there's no time to dwell on what is sure to be said as soon as they rush through the gates where the inhabitants of the camp are rushing around while packing everything they can carry into bags.

It reminds Ash of a time not long ago—though, it certainly feels like an eternity—where all of the 100 looked like this when Clarke and Bellamy told all of them to pack their things so that they could run from the Grounder battle.

It didn't work then, running. And the four of them—Clarke, Bellamy, Ash, Finn—know it won't work now.

"Mom!" Clarke shouts urgently when all of their eyes land on the anxious face of Clarke's mother.

Abby has purple bags under her eyes and she looks exhausted, but she relaxes seeing her daughter and her friends. "Where have you all been?" She chastises worriedly. "-We're leaving."

Ash shakes her head rapidly, still breathing heavily after rushing a few miles to get to the camp, "We can stop the attack."

Jaha, who was walking by as Ash spoke the words, stops and looks at Ash in something like outrage, "What are you talking about?"

"What do you mean what are we talking about?" Ash asks incredulously, narrowing her eyes at their former leader. It's clear who came up with the idea of running away now. "-We're saying that we have a way to stop this attack so that we don't need to run and inevitably get killed by their unbeatable army." As she speaks, Ash's eyes dart around from the gate to the people lining up to go through it.

"We can negotiate with them mom, we can prevent this," Clarke adds. We have a way to eliminate their worst enemy, the Reapers. We saved Lincoln, who was turned into them. We can do it to more of them."

Jaha doesn't even try to hide his annoyance and outrage when Abby looks interested in their plan, asking them how it could save them. "Abby!" He exclaims in a harsh whisper so no one passing by hears. "You can't be serious."

But whispers in the crowd draw the groups focus away from the conversation and to the camps' fence. Or rather, what's behind it.

When the 100 went to war, the armies came out of nowhere. If Clarke and Finn didn't get their warning from Lincoln, they would have had no idea just when the Grounders were coming. And Ash supposes that they didn't line up like people in a war normally would because they didn't expect that there would really be a fight at all.

But now—just outside the camp—it's clear that while they may have been mistaken the first time, they won't make the same mistake again.