What she didn't realise, however, was that the original broke his word in part to ensure her safety. Elijah, being the ever-noble man that he had claimed to be, could not deal with the consequences killing Klaus would inevitably result in. The sacrifice of Thea's life to rid the world of his brothers Machiavellian's was simply incomparable and unfair.

"Almost two days," Elijah replied, causing Thea's expression to contort into one of shock. "The full moon came and went, and you both remained in wolf form," the original revealed, causing Klaus to grin, both unbothered and ignorant to Thea's pale complexion.

"I can change at will then, that's good to know," Klaus replied with a wicked grin as he pulled his jumper over his head. "I remember every single kill," the original boasted with an arrogant smirk as Elijah frowned at his brother's brashness.

"Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way," Elijah replied with a tone of distaste as he moved his gaze away from his brother, towards where Thea was standing, glaring at the ground beneath her as she wrapped her arms tightly around herself.

Klaus followed his gaze, a hint of confusion shining in his blue eyes as he didn't seem to understand why the brunette had woken up in the clearing with him. Thea seemed to be popping up everywhere he went, and the way his heart skipped in her presence left him despising her for it.

"Just like old times, brother," Klaus remarked with a devilish smirk as he finally tore his eyes away from the brunette. In true Klaus fashion, the hybrid decided that by ignoring Thea's presence altogether, he could trick himself into pretending she didn't exist and re-gain control over his senses.

The task, it seemed, was easier thought than done. "You've had your fun," Elijah stated bitterly, clenching his jaw angrily as he turned his nose up at his brother's current amusement, "I believe we have a bargain."

At his declaration, Thea suddenly perked up; now making the effort to listen in to their conversation. There was a reason Elijah had betrayed them, and she wanted to know why ⎯ for no other reason than the ability to use it against him the next time he pretended to act like her friend.

"That's right," Klaus replied, nodding his head with a smile on his face as if the whole situation was one big game to him, "now, what was it again? Oh, wait! I remember."

Elijah gritted his teeth, becoming increasingly angrier the longer Klaus continued to torment him. Thea began to wonder just how Elijah had managed to cope with Klaus' arrogant ways for so long ⎯ had she been in his position, she was certain she'd have found a way to kill him centuries ago if only to save her from an inevitable headache.

"You wish to be reunited with our family," Klaus tormented with an arrogant smirk, amused by his brother's unhappy scowl. Thea frowned at the revelation ⎯ still very much furious by Elijah's betrayal, but now a little more understanding knowing the extremes she would go to for Tyler.

Elijah sighed, growing regretful that he hadn't just killed Klaus the night he was supposed to. "You gave me your word, Niklaus," the older original snapped, narrowing his eyes slightly in anger as Klaus continued to grin at him with a hint of mischief and mirth swirling in his ocean eyes.

"What kind of brother would break his bond?" Klaus retorted with a challenging expression, quirking a brow at his elder brother as the two faced off in the clearing, "even though you did try to kill me."

Elijah held his ground, matching his brothers stare with an unwavering harshness. "I could have," the original stated with a firm tone as he straightened out the lapels on his coat, "but I didn't."

Klaus narrowed his eyes slightly ⎯ watching his brother as though he was sizing up his prey. "And now no one can, not even you," the hybrid remarked with an arrogant smirk, taking the win from the two brother's obvious battle to show who had the most power.