It wasn't as though she was purposefully denying him the right to know, she had just convinced herself it was safer for him not to find out.

He would surely confront Damon, and thus, would more than likely also end up six feet under like their father and anyone else that crossed Damon Salvatore. Masking her guilt with furrowed brows, Thea pushed open the door to her father's study, causing Tyler's head to lift.

"You found a recording?" the brunette repeated his words with a confused frown, having not known anything about it. Tyler nodded, a grim look on his face as he turned the laptop around to show her the tape.

Thea's frown deepened as she watched it, wincing as she saw the pain on her Uncle's face as he transformed. "It was in the back of the diary we found," Tyler revealed as Thea closed the laptop screen, unable to look at the disturbing film any longer.

"Caroline and I watched it last night after you went to bed," the older twin stated causing Thea to furrow her brows in confusion, unsure of why her best friend had come around and she had not known about it.

"Care was round here?" Thea asked with furrowed brows, eyeing her brother curiously as Tyler nodded. Thea's gaze narrowed as she noticed the pink tint on her brother's cheeks; her thoughts racing at a mile a minute.

"Uh-yeah," Tyler coughed awkwardly as he stood to his feet, "she was there when the whole Sarah incident happened, you know," the older twin defended lamely with a shrug. "She's just being a good friend," Tyler stated with a sheepish smile.

Thea smirked, humming in falsified belief as she eyed her brother knowingly. "Just remember, she and Matt have a whole history," the brunette warned, not wanting to see her brother scorned or caught up in any unnecessary drama and pain.

She couldn't deny that she thought her brother and best friend would make the cutest pair, but above all else she wanted them, and Matt, to be happy. There would be no use in getting caught up in some stupid love triangle; Damon, Stefan, and Elena already had that on lock.

"What - it - it's not like that!" Tyler defended himself as a deep blush decorated his cheeks bringing another smirk to Thea's lips as she nodded her head. "Uh, huh. Sure," the brunette remarked with an amused smirk, leaving Tyler blabbering as he attempted to defend himself.

Tyler narrowed his eyes as Thea continued to smirk, being able to read her brother's emotions like an open book. Their mother had described it as 'twin telepathy' when they were younger. Tyler and Thea had always been able to tell exactly what was on the other's mind.

"Come on, you big oaf," Thea finally spoke, a smile replacing her smirk as Tyler scowled at the nickname, "you owe me a pizza," the brunette stated firmly. Tyler furrowed his brows, a look of deep confusion on his face.

"Why?" the older twin remarked with a tone laced thick with confusion, a questioning expression on his face as Thea smirked in response.

"Because I'm hungry and you're my big brother and you love me," Thea retorted with a false innocent smile, her brown eyes gleaming with torment.

Tyler huffed rolling his eyes in annoyance as Thea turned to exit their father's study. "Debateable," the older twin muttered under his breath as he picked up his wallet, following her out.

"Heard that!" Thea called back with a scowl as she stopped in the foyer, grabbing her jacket from the coat rack.

"Well, I said it loud enough," Tyler retorted with a smirk, his eyes shining with mischief and torment that caused Thea's scowl to deepen. However, before she could retort, Carol suddenly walked into the foyer, interrupting their spat.