Prologue

"Pleeaase?" My friend Elizabeth ask with excitement in her bright blue eyes. "No I just turned 16 I could find my mate and I don't want to be drunk when I do." God this girl is persistent. "I'll do your homework for a month."

My eyes widening in horror. "What?" She ask. "Yeah you can do my homework...When I want to fail." All she did was huff and stalk out of my room to God knows where.

After fighting with myself for an hour I decided to go to the party.

I dialed Elizabeth and told her the news and in the process I think Elizabeth broke my ear drum. That girl sure can scream. Anyways she said we just had to go shopping if we wanted to look presentable.

3 hours of shopping and we finally found our dresses. Elizabeths dress was a daring red that fit her like a second piece of skin. It stopped just aboved the middle of her thigh and had rihnstones across the top. Mine on the other hand was black and stopped just above my knee. It had one strap and was simple.

When we got home I locked myself in the bathroom and started to get dressed. After I straightened my last piece of hair I looked at my reflection.I had put on black eyeliner and mascara to make my blue eyes pop and then some red lipstick. My hair stopped just above my waist and was a deep brown color. I had a tiny nose that was considered "cute" and full lips. My eyes are very big and circular giving me an innocent look that I take advantage of too much.

"Leah, are you done I'm about to leave you here!" Elizabeth screamed at me. "Yeah, I'm done!" As soon as I stepped out my friend was giving me a shocked looked ."Where did my bestfriend go?" She asked with a shocked expression that soon turned to a grin. "Yeah Yeah I'm hot don't have to tell me twice." I said with a wink She just rolled her eyes and started to walk to her Honda Civic. I hopped in and in a matter of minutes we were at the party.

Red solo cups littered the yard along with drunk teenagers. As soon as I stepped into the house my wolf started to act all weird. I had only shifted once so maybe I wasn't letting her run enough. Yeah that's probably it.

I turned to say something to Elizabeth but only to see she was gone. I started to go through the sweaty bodies till a scent washed over me that consisted of the woods and cologne.

I turned a corner only to run into the scent. "MATE!" My wolf screamed. I looked up into the mystery man's eyes to see that they were turning from black to green but then remained green. "You've got to be kidding me!" He said, a wave of sadness hit me and I felt like I was going to vomit. "W-what do you mean?" I asked sadly. He just sighed and I was already prepared for the words that were about to fall out of his mouth. "I James Paxton reject you....What's your name?" I was already out the front door before I could reply. "Wait, I need your name!" he yelled. With a flick of my finger I saw hurt flash through his eyes but quickly disappear in an instant. And I sped down the road. I'm never going to look back. I'll start a family with a guy that actually loves me and will care about me.