Chapter 6 Merry Christmas

Start from the beginning

He never knew staying here at Danny's place would be one hell of a dramatic experience.

'''''

Thankfully the night was uneventful and John felt that he had slept for a lifetime.

Of course he'd been asleep for a long long time since he was in comma but once out of the hospital he hadn't found a comfortable place to crash in at night and Danny's place was indeed a blessing.

However his body ached for something.

Was it coffee?

He liked coffee but nay not in the morning.

He stretched himself and was mesmerized with the morning sun shining through the windows.

He knew what he wanted to do.

He pulled his shirt from table besides the sofa.

Buttoned it up and left the house.

He jumped on his toes and ignored the shoes, he remembered jogging wasn't possible in his leather shoes so he tiptoed and started jogging on the grassy pathway alongside the houses.

Once sweaty and breathless with his jog he took his way back towards the Danny's.

Once back he realized he did not have the keys and turning the doorknob meant inviting self-electrocution.

He reached the doorbell yet hesitated and wondered if Danny was awake.

But before he could press the button the door opened on its own, Danny standing in front of him.

Danny took a sigh of relief "I thought Rave abducted you."

"Me why?" John asked surprised.

"Once you know Rave you wouldn't ask that question." Danny stated as he grabbed some tetra pack protein shake from one of the kitchen drawers.

Taking one big slurp he got rid of his tee and started doing crunches on the floor.

John was keenly observing the young lad who was working out as if he wanted to achieve all the muscles in one day.

He couldn't help but stop him "no not like this, your shoulders are bent, get them straight, straight spine and on the toes" he guided him.

"You do work out don't you?" Danny stated "yes!" he celebrated "I always knew with your broad biceps that you were a fitness freak just like me."

"It was easy to tell that something was wrong in your posture" John said honestly.

"Really" Danny had no intentions of prying, he was busy huffing and doing more when he invited John "why don't you join me? Two's always merrier"

Something in John snapped and before he knew he found himself on the floor doing his crunches and while he did he was himself amazed at how he enjoyed doing it so much.

"God ouch..." Danny groaned "damn" he cursed as he pressed his fist to his back.

John chuckled besides him "I told you not to do it that hard"

"Yeah..." Danny made another pained face "Guess I was in a hurry to get my abs" he lifted his shirt to showcase his soft stomach but the way he was working out John felt he could kill himself.

"What's the rush buddy" John kept his broad arms around his shoulders making him wince with the impact "exercise should be taken one day at a time and gradually increased the intensity."

"Says who?" Danny raised his brows "were you some fitness geek or a trainer?"

that could have been a possibility! The wheels of John's brain that were longing to find his identity were churning.