Chapter 2: you WHAT????!!!!??

-JARED-

-the day after connor signed evan's cast-

"UUUUGH!! SHUT UP!!" I knocked my alarm off my bedside table, and it finally stopped. I yawned, getting up and running a hand through my hair. I checked my phone, noticing that Evan had been texting me a lot. I sighed, turning my phone off and putting a shirt on. I didn't have the strength to talk to him first thing in the morning. I inhaled, going into my bathroom and looking in the mirror. God, was I ugly. I hated the way I looked. Evan would never love me. Wow, so positive, Jared. Just amazing. 

-time skip-

-EVAN-

I sat on the bus, looking at my feet as I waited for us to arrive at school. What was Connor going to do with that letter? I jumped off the bus, stumbling a bit as I scanned the busy school grounds for Jared. I spotted him sitting on a bench, the sun glinting a little off his glasses. He seemed to had fallen asleep. I smiled, making my way over to him. He was adorable. I sat down next to him, poking his shoulder. "WHAT!? Oh. Hey, Hansen." He blushed, sitting up and pulling his glasses off the bridge of his nose. "So, Connor took your letter? I haven't seen him at all today. That dosn't bode well for you." I winced. "Yeah, I know.." The bell rang, and I got up, making my way to the front doors. "Let me know if you see him!" He smiled at me, and I blushed at his cuteness. 

-time skip to last period-

-JARED-

"Evan Hansen, please report to the principal." I winced at the intercom's loud beep, and frowned. Why was Evan, of all people, being sent to the office? At the end of the period, I made my way to Evan's locker, my backpack slung over my shoulder. Evan was collecting his stuff, a very concerned look on his face. He looked relieved to see me. "Need a ride?" He managed a small smile. "So, what happened?" "Basically, Connor commited suicide, and he had my letter on him when they found him, and now they think we were, like, best freinds or something." I inhaled sharply. "Damn. What are you going to do?" He played with the hem of his shirt, something I considered adorable. "I.. I d-don't know. They invited me to the wake..." I looked up at him. "Are you gonna go?" "I think so.." I looked over his sweet face, then hugged him. "Hey, it's gonna be okay." He smiled, and hugged me back.

-time skip because yeah-

I sat on my bed, looking at a photo of Evan on my phone. "Ev.. I hope you'll be okay... Please..Don't forget about m-me." My voice broke, and I wiped away a tear as I turned it off, laying down on my bed and putting my playlist on. The playist named "EVAN <3". Something I listenened to whenever I needed to think about him. 

OKAY I KNOW THAT"S NOT REALLY  HOW IT  HAPPENED WITH CONNOR BUT IT"S FLUFFIER THIS WAY SO

I hope you guys enjoyed this!

have a great weekend!

love,

-chrissy <3