Chapter 5

~Katherine's POV~

Once we exited the Professor's lab we went into the middle where Prism Tower was to find the best route to go on. "Let's see." I say as I grab my electronic map out of my pocket, "If we want to head to Santalune City and meet Ash we have to go through here." I say pointing towards a route that leads towards the forest. "Alright! Let's go then." She says. "Fenn! Fennekin!" Fennekin says excited just like her trainer as we walk down the path through the forest. We walk for a little while as Fennekin and Absol talk in Pokemon language. "Hey, I have an idea! Why not have Fennekin meet the rest of my team?" I ask as Serena nods, "Okay! Fennekin, do you want to make some new friends?" Serena asks as Fennekin nods, "Fenn!" "Alright, come on out and greet a new friend!" I say as I throw my five pokeballs in the air as my pokemon come out, Gardevoir, Liepard, Altaria, Dragonair, and Eevee. "Everyone, this is Fennekin." I say next to Serena as she let's Fennekin down on the ground. I watch as Fennekin cautiously approaches everyone while Absol stands next to Fennekin as they all interact. Soon enough they start playing with each other. I look at the sun and realize it's getting late, "We should all get going." I say speaking up as she nods and picks up Fennekin. "Everyone, return." I say as everyone except Absol returns to their rightful pokeballs. "Why doesn't Absol go in her pokeball?" Serena asks as I smile and look towards Absol who starts walking as we follow.

"Well, Absol was actually my very first Pokemon. As you can see, I don't have a starter Pokemon on my team." I say as Serena nods, "Yeah. I just noticed that." She says thinking about it. "When I was little, Absol came to my family to warn us of a fire coming, a forest fire near our city. We told the fire department about it. The fire eventually came and our city was saved. We were so thankful we fed and gave her a home. When I was a child we had a strong bond and by the time I was a trainer I didn't want to get a starter, I wanted Absol. I brought Absol with me to Professor Sychamore and he said that it was possible. So here we are now. We made a promise, since Absol doesn't like being in her pokeball, she prefers to be out unless some dire situation comes up, then she'll go in her ball." I say finishing as Absol nods. "Wow. That's really interesting." Serena says as we keep walking. I look up and notice that it's already dusk, "Seems like it's getting pretty late." I say looking around. "Oh! This is terrible. The sun's setting and we're still in the middle of the woods." Serena says looking towards Fennekin, "Fenne?" "Wait! Does this mean we're sleeping out in the open tonight? Hm?"Serena looks around and notices bug type Pokemon around sweat dropping a bit, "Uh, roughing it is not my style. Kat! is there a Pokemon Center close by?!" Serena asks me frantically. I pull out my map, "I can see if I can find one." I say as I tap some spots on my map while Absol watches. "Ah! I see sombody." I hear Serena say as I look up and notice where she's going until I realize that that's not a person, but a Vespiquen. "Serena, wait!" I say as I quickly rush to her side as she screams and falls on her butt. Absol quickly stands in front. Vespiquen sends an attack and when Absol is about to attack Fennekin decides to attack using ember. The Vespiquen quickly runs away as I kneel besides Serena, "You okay?" I ask as she nods, "Yeah, thanks to Fennekin." she says as she watches Fennekin walk over with her hat as she hands it to her, "Ah! Thanks, Fennekin. You saved me!" "Fenne!" I stand up and watch the two interact smiling, "Those two are going to be best friends." I say. "Absol, Ab."

I suddenly hear footsteps as I turn around and see Nurse Joy and Wigglytuff. "Is everything okay? I just heard somebody screaming." "Ah! Nurse Joy!" Serena exclaims as I help her up and she brushes herself off. "She just got a little startled by a Vespiquen is all." I say as Serena picks up Fennekin again. "Oh, I understand. But are the four of you all right?" "Yup." I respond smiling. "Hey, could you tell me if there's a Pokemon Center around here, please?" Serena asks as I mentally facepalm. 'If Nurse Joy works at a Pokemon Center for sick and injured Pokemon, why would she stray this far u less it's close?' I think to myself as I let out a quiet sigh. "Yes. It's located just up ahead." Nurse Joy says pointing ahead. "Thank goodness. Hmm. Fennekin, we're going to stay at a Pokemon Center tonight!" Serena says to Fennekin as she sets her down before looking at us as I smile getting an idea, "I got it! Let's have a race to see who gets there first!" I say as I start running ahead with Absol right behind followed by Serena and Fennekin.

We finally reach the Center and get a Pokemon checkup and rent a room for us to share. Once we get settled in we change into PJs and head to bed for another day of adventure and excitement.