She blanches, guffawing and smacking a hand to her heart dramatically as if wounded.

"Well, oh my gosh, please have mercy on me for performing such a cardinal sin! Oh, excuse me!" She laughs with no humour whatsoever, chuckling darkly. "Sue me for accidentally messing up the measurements by one, puny millilitre! It doesn't make a big difference!" She whispers furiously through gritted teeth, snatching the glass beaker back from his hands.

Namjoon growls in irritation, ruffling his hair with frustration. "Are you stupid? We have no time for accidents! This is a procedure that requires accurate and intricate measurements! It does make a big difference!" He now yells, grabbing the beaker back yet again.

Yoona gasps. "I'm stupid? You're stupid!" She yells back with equal volume, jabbing an intimidating index finger at him.

"Oh so I'm the stupid one? Newsflash, lady! You're the one who wasn't following the damn instructions!" He bellows back, punctuating the last three words with pauses for emphasis.

"Goddamn it then you stupid piece of shi- fine, okay! Give it back to me, I'll do it again and properly then!"

"Do you think I'm deaf, lady? Whatever, no. You're going to mess it up again. I'll do it."

"For god's sake, I have a name, stop calling me lady! And let me do it!"

"No, lady, I'll do it."

"No, I will!"

"I will!"

Mr. Kim and Ms. Kang! Stop it this instance! Out of my class, now!"

Yoona freezes in the position she was, on her tip toes and hands frozen midair in the act of desperately reaching upwards to try and snatch the glass beaker from Namjoon- who, in all his annoying glory, stands perfectly fine on two feet with his obnoxiously long arm, she internally grumbles, up in the air just casually holding the glass beaker away from her like he was taking a stroll in the park. Her eyes dart towards his, brown irises practically reverbrating with blistering anger, burning holes into the other's eyes which carry the same energy directed towards her.

Muttering a low curse under her breath, she brings her hand down awkwardly, shuffling to her feet and lowering her head. Embarrassment bubbles within her chest profusely like gas, spreading throughout her body and slathering itself across her cheeks in the form of a red blush. In the corner of her vision, she sees Namjoon doing the same, awkwardly placing the glass beaker onto the table and lowering his head, the sharp clink of the glass against the table breaking the silence.

The snickering and hushed laughing Yoona hears flowing through the mouths of the other students don't help with her steadily growing flush, causing it to simply spread all over to her face, her nose and coloring the shells of her ears.

A cloud of shame growing above her, Yoona reluctantly lifts her eyes to meet the disappointed ones of Mrs. Chen.

"I do not tolerate yelling and fighting in my class. Out of the class, and come back five minutes before the bell. As a punishment, I'm sorry to say, but you will not be doing the experiment today."

Yoona hears a small wounded whimper come from Namjoon beside her.

The both of them sigh, before bowing and apologizing. As quick as lightning, the two walk down the path of shame towards the door- the laughing and snickering of their fellow classmates burning through their skulls.

Yoona's hand wraps over the cool handle of the door, fingers wrapping around before yanking it and opening it- stepping outside grimly. The various smells of the hallway that she's grown to hate with a burning passion attack her all at once; along with all her swirling emotions and the situation at hand dawning on her, smacking her in the face like a truck.

She seems to be autopilot for the first few seconds- just letting everything settle in as she leans against the boring creamy walls, the exposed part of her hand being her wrist lying against the icy surface of one of the lockers. Yoona blinks and stares into space, trying to come to terms with everything, letting it all register.

She takes notice of Namjoon in her peripheral vision, the guy nibbling on his lips and fingernails as he tousles his hair and paces back and forth with exasperation. There are several crease lines on his forehead as he frowns, his boxy glasses are crooked and he's whimpering and whining about something that Yoona makes out as 'the cruelty of the universe.'

Yoona chokes in laughter when Namjoon loses track of his pacing, going so deep into his line of thought he walks straight into a locker with a booming clang that resonates throughout the foundation. The string of curses that follow after just makes her laugh even more.

Namjoon flushes furiously before trying to mask his embarrassment with a shake of his head, hurriedly adjusting his hair and adjusting the lapels of his lab coat, tugging on his tie awkwardly while clearing his throat weakly- trying to regain composure. The tips of his ears are a blazing red, and he wants to the ground to open up and suck him right in.

Yoona's still laughing, a hand splayed over her mouth. "D-Dumbass," she croaks out, tears in her eyes and guts cramping as she doubles over slightly, hand clutching at the fabric of her lab coat.

Namjoon rolls his eyes, his cheeks burning. He rakes a hand through his hair, ruffling the gelled strands a bit, trying to muster some confidence. He coughs. "Yeah, yeah, whatever, lady."

At that, Yoona stops abruptly. She squints at him, mouth a thin line. "I told you to stop calling me that, asshat."

Namjoon blanches, mouth dropping, throwing his hands to the sides. "I called you lady, lady! You on the other hand called me an asshole, a piece of shit, a dumbass, a jackass, an asshat-" He begins, counting off his fingers.

Yoona rolls her eyes, before letting out another laugh.

"I guess chivalry really isn't dead."

There's silence, Namjoon snapping his mouth shut. He pauses, blinking, before dropping his arms to his sides and snorting outward, staring at her with a deadpan expression. "Haha." He says, with no humor whatsoever. "I'm laughing so hard."

Yoona just laughs even more.

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

♥️♥️your eyes are not deceiving you i really updated after a while♥️♥️

anyhoo, hello! how are you all? i finally sent stacy for vacation (my writer's block lol) to sleep, and let's just pray she doesn't come back to stay for a while! bsjdbs on a serious note i hope you enjoyed this chapter???

also just wanted to apologize for not publishing chapters for a long time, but good news is that stacy is somewhere in the bahamas ✈️🌴🌏☀️ and i'm currently one spring break so i'll def be updating more soon! please bare with mee 🥰♥️🙆🏻‍♀️