3.

CHAPTER THREE
三 ❜

❝ "NAMJOON YOU FREAKING DUMBASS-""OH MY GOD-""I SWEAR I DIDN'T TOUCH IT!""HOLY SHIT WE'RE GOING TO BE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE-""HOW THE HELL DID YOU MANAGE TO KNOCK DOWN THREE LANTERNS?""I SWEAR IT JUST FELL-" ❞

"OH MY GOD-"
"I SWEAR I DIDN'T TOUCH IT!"
"HOLY SHIT WE'RE GOING TO BE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE-"
"HOW THE HELL DID YOU MANAGE TO KNOCK DOWN THREE LANTERNS?"
"I SWEAR IT JUST FELL-" ❞

❛ In short and simplicity, Taehyung really wants to die. ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SPEAKING PURELY IN HYPOTHETICALS, Kim Taehyung really wants to know how to fly down your own esophagus and all the way down to your cardiovascular muscle, bash through the prison cell of bones that cage in the pulsing red plush plum and last but not least, pulverize the life out of it so all is left is a shriveled red dot.

Speaking purely in hypotheticals, of course.

In short and simplicity, Taehyung really wants to die.

The chorus and strings of exasperated groans that follow right after all three of them heard the soft clash against the ground and the sound of paper tearing was more than enough to convince him that he wasn't the only one who'd really appreciate engaging in an enthralling escapade down to their cardiovascular muscles. Next to him, Kim Namjoon, a walking disaster on two legs, stands stock still, so pale faced Taehyung had to do a double take to make sure he wasn't about to throw up. His eyes were obnoxiously widened and his hands were frozen in front of him and cupped, as if he was about to attempt and catch the lanterns that so teasingly slipped away from his grip and clashed to the floor.

Kneeling on the floor and dramatically wailing and groaning at the state of the Lanterns were none other than Jeon Jeongguk and Park Jimin, both who have palms splayed across foreheads as if they were faintish and dizzy, which, depending on the current circumstances, Taehyung wouldn't be surprised if their acts were not even acts after all. Jimin fans his face and clutches at his chest as if he'd been wounded, and Jeongguk stares at Namjoon with a glare that makes him look like he wants to commit mass genocide.

How did four absolutely brainless (excusing Namjoon, kid was probably the long lost brother of Albert Einstein himself) blithering morons end up in a school stationary store during a Lantern festival with three expensive and extravagant torn up paper lanterns at their feet you ask?

Well.

It all started at school, also known as your local hellhole.

The four of them sat by the tennis court due to it being one of the only places at school that was rather empty and quiet, of peace and tranquility, unlike the hustling and bustling of screaming and hollering teenagers at the football field, or dissimilar to the loud chattering and blabbering at the Cafeteria.