Chapter 5

Dee POV 

*

"What the fuck is your problem?" I snapped at Sandra. She had just got out of class. I knew she had something to do with Shani being so upset. "You're always on some bull shit. Didn't I tell your hoe ass to leave Shani alone?"

"This again," she said with a bored undertone. "When are you going to stop pretending you actually care about that girl?"

"The fuck are you talking about? I love Shani ain't shit fake about that."

"Right. So why is it you're always in my bed?"

"Because you're nothing but convenient. I already told your hoe ass I don't want you and you're nothing compared to Shani. Stop the bull shit or you're going to regret it."

"That's complete and utter bull shit Dee," she glared at me. "Say what you want but you don't even like that girl let alone love. If you did you wouldn't be fucking around on her."

"Say what you want Sandra but I know the truth and so does Shani. You're nothing but a bitter ass hoe. I can fuck you and not give a fuck about you, remember that."

"Fuck you Dee. You're disrespectful as fuck. Lose my number."

"Bitch it wasn't even saved," I laughed walking away. Sandra has always been jealous of Shani. She pretends she isn't but she really is. She's always wanted me to fuck with her exclusively but that wasn't going to happen. After this I'm not even going to fuck with her ass anymore. 

Even though she starts shit with Shani all the time it never pushed her to tears and I hate seeing her cry. I tried calling her but she still had me blocked and I doubt Vickie would let my ass in to talk to her. I had time before my class for the day so I decided to go to the trap and get some work done. 

"What's up everybody?" I greeted my people as I walked in. Business was small on this side since I'm so close to campus. The trap is for selling work and not making it so it's just a house that we come to. Royal has the product made in the main trap and every week has the product delivered here for us to sell. 

I've been working with him for three years now as his right hand man. We're not particularly close friends to this day. I don't know. I get this weird feeling around him. It's not that I don't trust him because I do...sometimes. I can't really explain it. I think it's partly because of the Kels thing. I know it's been three years but the shit messes with me to this day. Regardless of everything Kels was like a brother to me and I can't believe he's gone. 

My phone flashed letting me know it was a notification.  It was one of my professors sending out an email of our class being cancelled today. But he did leave us an assignment to do before our next class. I'll do that after I leave here. I may have taken my new position in the trap more seriously but I also take my education just as serious. I still plan on getting my degree and walking across the stage.

I'm a computer engineering major so it's kind of tricky doing both. People always think that since I'm a clown that I'm dumb when I'm really a closet nerd. I've always loved computer and technology and I have this dream to build my own brand of electronics. But the classes are expensive as hell so trapping is my means of supporting myself. That's all it was supposed to be. A job. 

I didn't expect so much to come with it. Money, cars, hoes. I thought I was prepared for it but I guess not. I'm wrong for letting those things get to me and hurting Shani but it's not like I actually like the girls I sleep with. It's just sex and they all know that because I don't give a fuck about anyone but Shani. I lie to her because I care about her feelings and I know she'll turn this into something bigger. 

My phone started ringing and I saw it was Royal. "What's up?" I answered. 

"Next delivery should be there in a day or two. So be on the lookout for it."

"Yeah we've got it. I've moved somethings around so I'll be able to get it."

"Iight cool. How's everything over there?"

"Straight. No problems surprisingly. Was expecting a little bit more drama with this."

"You and me both. How's Shanice?" 

I hesitated. "She's good. Just saw her earlier. A little overwhelmed but she's fine."

It was quiet for a bit. "Alright. I've got to go but y'all be easy out there." 

"Bet." Another reason I feel uneasy about him is because I can't get prom night out of my head. How he and Shani disappeared for a while. Shani said all they did was talk but I can't shake this feeling off. I think he may have a thing for Shani and I don't like it. 

I just have this feeling at the back of my head that if I'm not careful, he can really take her from me. And that's not what I want to happen. Regardless of the shit I do I love Shani more than anything and I'm not letting her go. 

Shorter chapter than I thought. Tell me what you guys think. Hopefully it makes sense because a bish is half asleep while typing this.