"Why not just tell us who he is?" Oliver asked, taking a seat.

"I'll explain later, so shush!" I sent him a glare and he sighed. "So anyways, I met Pepsi at the party but I didn't exactly accept him, but I didn't reject him either. I told him that I needed time to think about all of this and to get over Evan... I'm still in love with him and I-I.." I choked back a sob, tears welling up in my eyes.

 Alden embraced me in a tight hug, letting me cry. I felt weak and broken sitting there crying in front of my brothers. Oliver soothingly rubbed my back and when I was finally done I pulled away.

"I-I just don't know what to do." I breathed out. 

"Honey, you should accept him. Everything will be better when you're with him." My mother said. 

"I'll think about it.. I still need time.." I told her softly, knowing that I wasn't going to think over anything at all. My answer was always going to be no, unless someone could convince me to change my mind. I got up, about to make my way out when Oliver spoke up.

"So who is he?" Shit! I thought that they would have completely forgot about that. "We want to know so we can give him a word... and maybe a black eye.." 

"I'm not telling you!" I exclaimed, frustrated with this situation. My wolf growled at my brother, she didn't like the idea of him being hurt. Before he could yell back at me, I stormed out and threw a 'goodnight!' over my shoulder towards them.

Sometimes, I really hate my family.

-------------------------------------

The next morning I was really hoping that school would be canceled again, but nope. They had gotten the electricity to come back on and as I speak my brother and I are driving towards school. I silently prayed one more time that Brian wouldn't be attending school. I knew it probably wouldn't be happening, considering the fact that he's just recently turned eighteen, but was still in school. 

I parked and took a deep breath before stepping out of the car. My nose caught a whiff of his scent, it was faint but it was still their. Groaning I grabbed my bag and made my way towards the school.

"Hazel, you okay?" Alden said once he caught up to me. 

"Yeah I'm fine. See ya at lunch." I told him, quickening my pace to avoid further conversation. I sharply turned a corner, running straight into someone. I stumbled backwards and quickly regained my footing before looking at who I ran into. "I'm sorry."

"Nah, it's okay." replied a girl with dark brown hair that was infused with some red colored hair. One of her parents must be a ginger... "I'm Lisa." 

My jaw dropped a little bit. Why do I always end up literally running into my old friends? 

"It's Hazel!" I half shouted at her. Her smile grew and she engulfed me in a quick hug. I was so happy to see her again, until I remembered that Melinda and her turned their backs on Rachel. My face instantly became expressionless and she looked at me slightly confused. I opened my mouth to say something, when another girl came bounding up beside her. 

She had wavy hair and grayish-blue eyes. Her outfit consisted of an off-the-shoulder gray shirt with a white tank top underneath it, white skinny jeans and a pair of nude wedges. 

"Hey Melinda." Lisa said, her eyes glancing between me and Melinda. I smiled and looked at my other friend.

"Hey Mel, it's Hazel." I managed to get out. All I could think about what was happened between the three of them. I wanted to know what it was so bad! Did someone tell everyone else about some embarrassing thing that happened to Rachel? Did they just dump her? I swear if I don't find out-

"Oh hey. How are you?" Melinda spoke up, snapping me out of my inner rant. 

"I'm fine." I said through somewhat gritted teeth. Taking a deep breath I returned to my calm state and politely said I had to go before making my way towards my locker. As I grabbed the books I needed, I made myself another promise.

will find out what happened and when I do, someone's going down. 

Brian Thomas's P.O.V. 

I watched Hazel joke around with her brother and his friends from my place leaning against the wall on the opposite side of the cafeteria. I knew that she could probably feel my gaze on her back, for every few seconds she'd tense up and it looked like she was trying not to look at me. I felt so weird watching her, like I was some sort of stalker but if I didn't at least see her, my wolf would probably do something I'd regret later.. Not that marking my mate would be something I'd regret, but she'd probably never forgive me if I did it in front of everyone.

I could tell she was smiling and wished that I was the one causing her to smile. I heard her laugh at something one of the boys said and Evan, I think, threw his arm around her shoulder. It took all I had in me not to growl loudly, but luckily before I could Hazel shrugged his arm off.

"Dude, stop stalking her." A familiar voice said to my left. I looked over and saw Jared leaning against the wall with his ankles crossed and his hands shoved in his pockets.

"I'm not stalking her." 

"Yes you are, I know you guys are mates." I looked at him half shocked, half agitated with this whole situation. He gave me a look that said 'I'm not stupid." and nodded his head towards the direction of her table. "She's looking over here!"

I looked over and sure enough she was watching us talk, but quickly turned away when she saw that I was looking at her too. I sighed and shook my head.

"How did you find out?" 

"It's pretty easy to figure out, you've got that look in your eyes and I saw you get all tense when Evan gave her a side-hug." 

"That obvious, huh?" 

"Yeah, but be careful. I asked Oliver about her and he said that's she's had a rocky past, so it might take a while for her to give in." 

"What happened?" I questioned, my full attention now on him and this new piece of information. 

"Something about someone dying, he didn't tell me much. Just give her time, man." He told me before walking away and I couldn't help but wonder what she's hiding. I guess she'll tell me when she wants too....

[A/N]: eh, so this is sort of a filler chapter and now Jared knows! :p there's more to Hazel's past than you might think.... DUN DUN DUN. i wonder what he'll do to try and win her over! :p