The Six Thatchers Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Ajay survived the attack and hid the memory stick with all the old aliases on it. Now he's looking for it, why?" Evelyn asked.

"I don't know." Mary said.

"Tbilisi was six years ago, where's he been?" Sherlock asked.

Mary shook her head, just as confused.

"Mary, I'm sorry to tell you this, but he wants you dead." Sherlock said.

Mary laughed. "Sorry, no, no. 'Cause we were family."

"Families fall apart." Eve said.

"The memory stick is the easiest way to track you down. You're the only other survivor, it must be you that he wants and he's already killed looking for the Thatcher bust." Sherlock said.

"He's just trying to find me. He survived. That's all that matters." Mary said.

"He told us." Evelyn said. "He said to us, 'Tell her she's a dead woman walking.'"

"Why would he want to kill me?" Mary's voice wavered.

"He said you betrayed him."

"Oh, no." Mary raised her voice. "No, that's insane."

"Well, it's what he believes." Sherlock said.

Mary sat down with a sigh. "I suppose I was always afraid this might happen. That something in my past would come back to haunt me."

"Yes, well, he's a very tangible ghost." Sherlock pressed a hand to his side, remembering their fight in the pool.

Eve pressed a hand to his back and he leaned towards her slightly. She reached down and took his hand. He brushed his thumb across her soft skin and pressed a kiss to her hair.

"I just wanted a bit of peace and I really thought I had it." Mary said.

"No, Mary." Evelyn came over and sat beside her best friend. "You do have that, I promise."

Eve looked up at Sherlock. "We made a vow."

"To protect the three of you." Sherlock agreed.

"Sherlock and Evelyn, the dragon slayers." Mary said.

"Stay close to us and we will keep you safe from him. I promise you." Sherlock said.

"There's something I think you should read." Mary pulled something out of her bag. "I'd hoped I wouldn't have to do this."

"What is it?"

She handed them each a folded piece of paper. They were blank.

"What-" Eve smelled something odd, her head felt fuzzy.

"Oh Mary, no-" Sherlock stumbled backwards.

"There you go." Mary guided them to the floor. "It's alright. It's for the best. Believe me. Just look after him until I get back. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

Evelyn's vision swam and she could just make out Mary's form leaving before it all went black.

----------------

"Agra?" Mycroft said.  "A city on the banks of the river Yamuna, in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, India. It is 378 kilometers west of the state capital, Lucknow..."

"Good lord, did you swallow Wikipedia?" Eve asked.

"Yes."

"AGRA's an acronym." Sherlock said.

"Oh, good. I love an acronym." Mycroft said. "All the best secret societies have them."

"Spycroft, I hope you know what an enormous nerd you are." Evelyn said. "I love it."