Age 5, Diary Entry 2-4

Winter
Day 1 in Hyrule Castle
It's very cold traveling to Hyrule today, journal. That's why I brought you along—to try and keep me from getting sick all over the floor. Snow, it covers the grass. It's so rare for me to see it, since I'm a desert dweller overall. But, it feels like home.

"Nabby." My mother called for me as I look up at her. "Work on your Hylian please." She ordered me, my eyes looking down at your page I'm working on. Hylian is so tough for me, us going to see the Royal Family of Hyrule. They said they have a child that wants to meet me. But I doubt they know Gerudo. "Nabu."

"Mama I hate Hylian," I retorted. "Hylian is my least favorite language." I looked at my journal. I'll resume you much later by friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello journal. I am back from the meeting of the Hyrulean Monarchy and I'm relaxing in my bedroom within the castle. Yu and I are sharing a room while mother and Mariana are. The Hylian Prince was very nice and understood my poor Hylian well.

"Well, you speak very nicely," he said. "Prince Draveous Hyrule. And you?"

"N-Nabu." I responded as he gave a short laugh.

"Your title. It's alright."

"P-Prince?" I can't. This was too painful. His parents were watching me, same with his older sister. I felt like freezing up, crying. My mother walked next to me with her hands on my head, stroking my curly hair as she spoke Hylian.

"Nabu is....and he's.....to the Gerudo...." she said, me only understanding certain parts. I sighed and walked over to Yu, her petting my head as she heaved me up into the air and next to her shoulder. She spoke Hylian, Mariana spoke Hylian, everyone in the room was. I panicked. I wrestled out of her arms and quickly ran off, knowing it was disrespectful. I ran out into the coldness, glad my arms are covered in layers.

"Nabu!" I turned and saw Draveous running toward me, his layered blonde hair being blown around in the wind and snow. He stood in front of me in his royal clothing, him shivering slightly from the cold. "Nabu why did you leave?"

I looked down, biting the inside of my mouth and shook my head. I needed a Gerudo to translate for me, not wanting to speak. If I could, I would be a mute. Yes, that would be nice: never talk to anyone....

"Is it because of Hylian?" he sounded it out for me as I nodded. "Sorry." I looked at my hands and clenched them into fists, hearing him walking over to me, the snow crushing under his boots.

"It's fine," I mumbled, knowing I sound very off. He set his hand on my arm, making me look up at him as he gave me a soft smiled. My cheeks tinted a little red, not from the upcoming frostbite.

This was such a weird feeling journal.

Day 2 in Hyrule Castle

Hello journal. The frostbite disappeared after I ate supper and had warm liquids, the substance called hot choco or coco was quite delish. Very warm to the stomach but extremely hot to the tongue. With that, I burnt my tongue after taking my first few sips, or gulps as mother laughed. I had a few ice cubes in my mouth after that then sent off to bed. Draveous snuck into my bedroom, the candlelight light waking me up. Laying there in a long sleeve top with baggy leggings, I opened my sleepy eyes and stared at the flame, seeing blue eyes peer into my green.

"Hey, let's go play in the snow," Draveous suggested as I shook my head. "Come on Nabu."

First of all, I didn't understand a lick of what he said. I caught snow and play so, that was that. I turned onto my other side, my back to him as I heard him set the candle stand on the nightstand and climbed onto the large bed with me. "Come on Princey!"