Luna vs. Alpha

"You can't win this game, Carter Blake," He whispers against my cheek. Shivers run up and down my spine.

"Watch me."

~~~~

Meet Carter Blake. Age 19, a senior in highschool. She doesn't take smack from anyone, including her incredibly strict and ice cold grandmother who plays the part of a mateless Luna in the pack of Blue River.

Enter the Alpha of Moonclaw pack - Dalton Valerio. Age 21. His name is enough to make packs countries away shiver in their fur. His veins are made of pure ice, along with his heart.

When Carter takes on a dare from her childhood rival - Taylor Quinne, her world is changed upside down. She must sneak into her rival pack's Alpha's house, and steal a precious book that only Alpha's are permitted to read. Yet when she's caught red handed with the book by Dalton, everything changes when he utters "Mate".

~~~~~

Prologue

"So, what do you say Blake?" Taylor Quinne says with her fingers tapping my best friends white volvo. I growl at her. We've hated each other since birth. It doesn't help that her dad is the Beta of my rival pack. Moonclaw pack.

I sneer as she uses my last name.

"Don't do it Carter," Nat whispers from behind.

"Awe, she's looking out for you. That's cute," Taylor says with a grin. I hear Nat's feet shuffle in the parking lot schoolgrounds. Nat was always the shy one in our friendship. She covers her face with her blonde hair and takes a step back.

"Just because you can't keep your legs closed doesn't mean you can't do the same with your mouth," I violently say with a smirk. I see steam basically flying from her ears.

"I get it. It's true - what they say about Blue River's pack. They're scared little pups on the run. Hell, we know your mom's a cold bitch, but your just a scared one," She jaunts - hitting a nerve.

"Fine. I'll do it. I'll sneak into your Alpha's house. I'll prove that Blue River is just as fierce as your stupid Moonclaw pack," I retort, balling up my fists. I hear Nat sigh in defeat from behind me.

"We'll need some sort of evidence." A goon says from behind Taylor.

"Good point," Taylor says with a mischevious grin on her face. Oh no, not that look. That's when I know something is definitely wrong and she has some twisted idea.

"Don't come out until you have the Alpha Code," She says and I hear gasps. She was shitting me! She had to be! This is insane! The Alpha Code is a huge book that only Alpha's can read. It states the laws and codes that we as werewolves live by! Absolutely forbidden! Ones who try to read them without permission are either exiled and some are even killed - depending on the Alpha. It contains incredible information.

"Please, just walk away!" Nat hisses to my side. Taylor raises a brow, waiting for me to continue. I narrow my eyes at her.

"I'll do it."

"Perf! Meet me a block from his house tomorrow at 11 pm. You'll go in then. If you're caught well . . well . . we'll just wait and see!" She says with a giggle.

"See you there," I growl.

"See you there," She replies.

Yes orrr no?