I

Barry

I wake up.
And in a split second, I am up, cleansed, clothed and cooking breakfast. "How?" You may be asking. Here's how. 

  My name is Barry Allen, and I'm the fastest man alive. When I was a child, I saw my mother killed by something impossible. My father went to prison for her murder. Then an accident made me the impossible. To the outside world, I'm just an ordinary forensic scientist, but secretly I use my speed to fight crime and find others like me, and one day I'll find who killed my mother and get justice for my father. I am... The Flash.  

Now, though, I am cooking breakfast for someone very special. 
Gentle hands grab me by the waist and spin me around, engulfing me in a hug.

Remember that special person I was talking about? This is her, my beautiful wife, Iris West-Allen.

"Hey babe!" She says as she seats in front of the feast I have prepared.
"Hey," I reply. "Enjoy!"

We sit across from each other.

"Mmmmmmm, Barry, you've out done yourself! These pancakes are delish!" Iris mumbles through a mouthful of pancake.

Suddenly, our phones buzz at the same time. I check the screen. 

"Dad's in trouble." We say at the same time.

I sprint to Star Labs and get into my suit.

My colleague, and close friend Caitlin Snow comes over the comms.
"Barry, Joe's at his house with Cecille and Joanie, they're being help hostage. Be careful."

In a flash, I'm standing in Joe's house. 

"Joe? Cecille?" I call out cautiously. 

Suddenly, a kitchen knife whizzes at me. The knife is surrounded by a blue aura, and I try to push it away, but the aura burns my hand. I manage to push the knife to the side, but it catches my shoulder and leaves a open cut. 

"Barry you okay?" Cisco's voice comes through the comms.
"Your hand and shoulder were affected by burning heat and cold at the same time."

I run to the kitchen to see a man surrounded with the blue aura in electric blue shorts and hair. He is wearing nothing on top and his chest is muscular. Over his eyes are a pair of blue sunglasses.

I go in for a punch, but the blue aura burns my hand again. I try again, but I find the same end. I just can't touch him. 
He cackles and adjusts his glasses.

"I can't touch him!" I yell frustrated into the comms.

"Bro!" Cisco says, "The lightning! Throw the lightning!"

I run in tight circles around him and collect my energy into a ball.

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaarrr!" I yell as I heave the pure energy at the man. But as soon as the lightning hits the aura, it reflects back and hits me on the knee. I fall the the ground in pain. 

I watch as the man reaches his arm out and a black blob surrounded in his aura floats in. 

"Joanie! He's got Joanie!" I groan into the comm. 

The man looks back at my one more time, sneers, and floats out of the room through the kitchen window. With Joanie.

"NOOOOO!" I yell and try to get onto my feet.

"Barry stop. Just get Joe and Cecille to Star Labs. You need healing and rest." Caitlins voice floats through the air. I slump down in defeat.

~~~

I wince as Caitlin rubs gel into my hands. Her soft fingers rub slowly and tenderly.

"It's Aloe Vera gel. It should help with the burn." She says. I nod.

I glace over at her and see that she is biting her lip.

"Caitlin, is something bothering you?" I ask.

She sighs. "It's just that, you, the fastest man alive, was almost killed by a regular kitchen knife, that could burn and freeze at the same time. It's technically impossible, like, shouldn't the cold cancel out the heat, or vice versa? And to top it off, he was literally untouchable. You almost died Barry, I'm just really worried and confused. "

I reach out with my good arm and rub her shoulder. "It's all right Cait, we'll find a way. We always do. But if we don't, we can just call Nora back."

Caitlin smiles. "Thanks Barry. If you don't mind, Iris, Killer Frost and I are going shopping. Get lots of rest kay? Apply more aloe vera as needed." 

I waited till Caitlin left the room before collapsing in the hospital bed.

Cisco suddenly bursts into the room. "I know what to call him! Blue Bully!" He makes a face. "Naaa. Too ugly."

He comes in again. " Aura Army? What is up with me today." He leaves the room.

He bursts in. "Barry, choose between Scorching Chill, Blue Bandit or Aura Assassin. "

I grin. "The last one."

My buddy smiles. "I knew it."

~~~

Man

I glance up at the wall in front of me. I cross off a picture of a dark baby, and I replace it with a picture or a dark haired, dark skinned young woman.

In the near distance, a baby cries.