Chapter One

"Okay, I think I've got it all ready,"  I say to my best friend, Layla Cummings.

Layla raises her eyebrows. "Really, Jen? You sure? Remember the safe, and the DIY can opener?"

"And the locket with more than two sides," I sigh. "Oh well. I've got high hopes for this one."

She rolls her eyes then smiles. "You know I'll always love it no matter what." She checks the time. "Oh, I'd better get going. I need to babysit Raine."

"Okay, bye!"

As soon as she leaves my mom calls from downstairs, "Jennifer, are you studying?"

"Yes!!" I call. My mom is super strict about grades and things like that. She'll get mad if I have an A because it needs to be an A+. Let me tell you a bit about myself. My name is Jennifer Lailin Rose, but I like to be called Jennie. I used to do gymnastics, but I quit when I was 7. I was a level 4 training level 5. I competed with Docksiders when I was 4 and was going to move on to First Class, but quit before. I live in a condo in Severna Park, Maryland. I've lived in Maryland all my life, it's my home.

My mom hates YouTube and other stuff like that too. She doesn't let me watch it unless it's to help me with an invention. That's right, I want to be an inventor when I grow up.

And yeah, I guess the most interesting fact about me is that until I was 7, my best friend was none other than Julianna Grace LeBlanc. You'd think I'd get a lot of attention from my, not to brag or anything, great inventions, but nope. Just Annie. That's luckily how I didn't meet Layla. More on that later.

We did everything together. School, gymnastics, the movies, you name it. My mom made me stop hanging out with her because she disapproved YouTube. My mom tried to talk Ms. Katie out of it, delete Acroanna and Bratayley and blazenoutlawz, but it didn't work. They never really got along, come to think of it. The only reason we knew each other is because both our dads served in the military. My mom never let me be in the Bratayley vlogs when Ms. Katie filmed.

Annie and I still texted on our iPods after we couldn't see each other, but fame grew us apart, and we eventually stopped talking.

Another crazy fact is that I was actually the first subscriber of Bratayley. I'm not kidding.

On December 31, 2010 (when the first Bratayley video was uploaded), my parents had gone to a New Years party for adults only, and left me at Annie's.

"Guess what Jennie? Mommy and Daddy made a YouTube channel for Hayley! Like how I'm Acroanna?" Says Annie.

"Cool, what else?" I ask.

"That's all I know!" Annie squeals. "Mommy said to wait for you, then have a big family meeting about it, with you!"

"Okay!" I reply.

"Annie! Jennie! Caleb! Hayley! Family meeting! Come down here now!"

When I go down Billy and Katie and Caleb are already there.

"Hi Jennie, how's it going?" says Billy.

"Good," I reply. My dad and Billy's dad met in college, and have stayed in touch ever since then.

"Hey Jennie,"  says Caleb.

"Hi,"  I reply.

Hayley came downstairs then, and Ms. Katie gets right to business.

"Okay, so as you know, we have made a YouTube channel for Hayley."

Annie raises her hand. "This isn't school, Annie,"  says Caleb. I laugh and Caleb and Annie smile. So does Ms. Katie.

"Yes, Ms. LeBlanc?" She says, getting into the joke.

"So it's gonna be called Acrohayley, right?"

"Well, actually, we're calling it Bratayley. It's a combination of 'Brat' and 'Hayley'."

I smile, thinking of all of Hayley's brat moments I've witnessed. After all, she's only 2.

"Cool,"  says Caleb.

"Yes, we're going to record Hayley's brat moments and put them on here, and maybe her gymnastics when she gets older", says Ms. Katie.

"Okay,"  says Annie.

"Yep, and we're gonna upload the first video today, right now actually. You guys have already watched it,"  she says, smiling.

We nod.

"Okay, now...ready, click here...and....uploaded!"

Ms. Katie ordered a pizza and Caleb ate in his room (which Ms. Katie only allowed him to do this once) and Annie and I went to her room, waiting for it to be midnight.

"I need to use the bathroom,"  says Annie. "Be right back."

"Okay,"  I reply.

Now, I was a little smart for six years old, and while Annie was in the bathroom, I sneaked downstairs, went into Billy's computer, went on YouTube, signed into my dad's account (which my mom let him have just for work purposes), and subscribed. Done.